Sony A6000 Deals, better than $855 with 16-50mm and 55-210mm for Black Friday?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Volkovia, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Volkovia

Volkovia New to TalkEmount

Nov 10, 2014
    I have an opportunity to purchase a Sony A6000 with 16-50mm and 55-210mm for $855 via KenmoreCamera on Ebay after a 10% off Ebay coupon(limited to individual one time use, they seem to send them out randomly). They seem to be a reliable local family owned business in Washington: http://www.yelp.com/biz/kenmore-camera-kenmore

I can also get it through Cametacamera on Ebay for about the same price, another highly regarded business: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/CametaCamera

I was originally going to take advantage of the current $200 off(with 55-210mm) deal from B&H for $950 but it seems like a no brainer to go this route since these businesses also have great reviews.

My question is does anyone expect better deals for Black Friday than $855 shipped for this 16-50mm and 55-210mm bundle? Does anyone remember what deals were like last year for similar cameras compared to the weeks leading up to Black Friday? It seems that the current $100-$200 off deal from Sony ends on November 22nd. I'm wondering if they will have even better deals for Black Friday, I can't imagine them being worse and it would be strange if they simply did the same deal a week later. Just not sure if I should pull the trigger or wait. The coupon expires on November 12th so I need to decide ASAP. Any input?

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    That's a tough one.

Take a good deal now, or wait for the hopes of a better one. :confused:

Some online and physical companies offer a match guarantee that extends a few weeks after you buy a product. Something to look at.

3. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    That's a pretty sweet deal on the A6000 with kit lens! $200 off the original MSRP of the camera+kit. Gonna be tough to NOT go for that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
  6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Agreed.

7. Rollin

Rollin TalkEmount Regular

Jul 2, 2014
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
  8. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    It depends.

Some companies are extremly strick about pricing and will not allow retailers flexibility in adjusting the price. The thought is that it will be the same no matter where you shop.

Other companies allow a lot more flexibility.

9. Rollin

Rollin TalkEmount Regular

Jul 2, 2014
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

See my signature where I work, the second one ;-)
    I handle all the Sony ordering for a locally owned camera store.