1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Sony A6000 + 50mm lens for $696 at Amazon.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Jun 6, 2014.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 7, 2012
    Amazon is having a sale on the A6000 bundled with a lens. There are many combinations but the most interesting me to me is the A6000 + 50mm lens for $696. Add both to your cart and go to check out and there will be a $200 discount. So basically you are paying $100 for the 50mm. That's a deal.

Throw in the 55-210mm and it's $848 for the A6000 + 50mm + 55-210mm.

• Like Like x 2
  2. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Darn it that is so freakin tempting! :)

3. SRHEdD

SRHEdD TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    I'm not seeing that price... link?

4. Jazzer

Jazzer TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    New York
    Larry
  5. demiro

demiro TalkEmount Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    looks like the A6000 is OOS for a while at Amazon

6. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Deal seems to be gone?

7. SRHEdD

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    Cameta Camera has the body for $598.

That was enough of a deal for me. Now just to decide on keeping the NEX-6 or not. Probably not a great time to sell one... both is always a good solution!

8. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Can anyone comment on the handling of the a6000 vs. NEX6. I'd be interested in real AF feedback and also the menus. Controls and ergos are pretty much the same. Only thing that bugs me on the NEX6 are the menus -- like switching to B&W is a bit of a pain.

9. SRHEdD

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    I'm going to hang onto my NEX-6 until I see that the viewfinder is okay on the A6000. I can address some of this when it shows up...

• Like Like x 1
  10. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    Switching to B&W is easy if you assign creative style to the Fn menu... Coming from the Nex5 the A6000 is AMAZING in terms of usability, but the Nex6 was always better than the Nex5 in the first place. I can say the AF is lightning fast in all conditions I have thrown at it, no complaints yet - I generally use multipoint AF-C, and if I want a specific focus point use the center dial hold method to AF to the center of the shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jazzer

Jazzer TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    New York
    Larry
    I find the menus to be much better to deal with. I still can't always find everything -- I guess that will take some time to get used to -- but there is no more endless scrolling through one long menu. There is also more control/customizability since in addition to a footnote button which allows 12 menu items, there are also 2 custom buttons, the ability to change the function of all of the dial functions and 3 memory recall configurations. It is going to take me some time to figure out how I want everything set up, but when I do, I don't believe I am going to have to spend much, if any, time in the menus. The NEX 6 is good in this regard, but the A6000 is definitely better.

As far as AF, I can't be much help just yet. The single AF seems quicker on the A6000 and the camera just generally a bit snappier, although I didn't have too many complaints about the NEX 6. I have only played around with the continuous auto focus a little and I have a lot to learn about how to use it as well as with regard to technique for shoot moving things in general, so I hesitate to provide any advice about it at this stage.

I am really liking the A6000 and am happy I got it, but I have to be honest that I probably wouldn't have purchased one had I not wanted the 16-70 lens that was bundled with it at a significant discount. That deal made the purchase worthwhile for me. The NEX 6 is still a great camera and I could have been very happy continuing to use it. I still have mine and am not sure yet if I am going to sell it or keep it as a second body.

12. SRHEdD

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    Again, only a few days to assess, but the A6000 is a faster camera. Menus are better, a left/right scroll is added for easier access, and most (all?) are a single screen, you go L/R to see more items in a category. That makes some sense, and it comes quickly. AF is faster, and the EVF change, even when handling both cameras side-by-side, is a non-issue. I wear glasses, and actually, the new EVF might be easier as the image has more black relief around it. The resolution difference isn't noticeable in a practical sense.

Hey Sony, I wish you made a battery grip for the A6000 to hold a second battery and make a larger hand hold. Just sayin' many of us would buy it, and it would look wicked. A7 style, okay? Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  13. lenshoarder

lenshoarder TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 7, 2012
    If you are still waiting for shipment of your 50mm or want to return it, Amazon is giving back about $250 for people to do so. The bulk of the discount remains with the camera. You end up with the A6000 body for about $450. That's a great deal.