Sony 20mm f/2.8 Alpha E-mount Lens available at B&H

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Ray Sachs, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs TalkEmount Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    The Sony 20mm f/2.8 Alpha E-mount Lens is now available at B&H

8636495717_96fac4b750_o.

Also, a quick notice on my part. Some of you may have noticed I've been posting some B&H links and announcements lately here and on Amin's other forums. A few of you have asked if I'm affiliated with B&H, so I thought I'd let you know what's going on. I'm not directly affiliated with B&H, but Amin and the forums are. As part of this relationship, B&H often makes review copies of cameras available for loan - because I had been informally writing my reactions to various cameras over the past few years, Amin offered to include me in that loaner program so I could try out more gear and continue to write about it. As part of that arrangement, I also get all of B&H's announcements and emails and because I'm grateful to have the opportunity to try out new cameras, I offered to help Amin out by posting some of these if I get to them first or when he doesn't have the time. So, that's the connection. I do get review cameras from B&H because Amin offered to include me in that program and I sometimes post B&H notices. That's the extent of it...

-Ray Sachs

2. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 TalkEmount Regular

Mar 23, 2013
    I'm a big fan of pancakes and the 35mm (35mm equiv) FOV is a great little walkaround/general purpose/street lens. Coupled with any NEX body this should be a very small, light and largely unnoticed package (all good qualities, in my book)...however...$350 for a basic f2.8 lens is steep!!! The Sigma 30 2.8 is much cheaper and not much bigger...hell, my Canon 40 f2.8 STM cost about half that much! What's happening to mirrorless being an economical alternative to DSLRs?

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Nice to see so many options coming out. I don't think you can find to many holes in the NEX lineup for general use.

On a pure cost benefit though, you can get either the 19mm or 30mm Sigma 2.8 for $99.00-125.00 on Ebay and Amazon. Or get both for about same cost.