Sony 16 on top of Col. National Monument today (singles with HDR efex pro in post)

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by lapdog99, Feb 13, 2012.

1. lapdog99

lapdog99 TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Colorado
    Well skies are a mixed bag today so thought I would try the little 16mm pancake: DSC00432_HDR. DSC00441_HDR. DSC00449. DSC00445.

2. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    Thanks for sharing some great photos and a very nice place,

3. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Wow... looks like a long walk to get up there, what an awesome breathtaking place!

A lot of people overlook the E16 pancake... it might not be the best lens out there, but for it's price it delivers a lot of bang for the buck, especially in situations like that. I can't think of any current AF lens in that focal that's under a thousand bucks.

Are you using a Windows based computer for your pp, lapdog99? From my mac monitor, the images appear quite purplish... I'm aware there's a gamma difference between the two systems and I may not be seeing what you're seeing.

4. lapdog99

Sep 3, 2011
    Colorado
    Strictly Apple (iMacs/Mac Airs/iPads/iPhones). The HDR software has a tendency
    To do that, although I have noticed it more with the NEX 7. I paid $125 for the
    Virtually new 16 pancake.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    The images look awesome, specially the texture of the sky. Very well captured mate.

6. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Great score! Their loss, your gain! :)

7. hodad66

hodad66 Sony Guru

Feb 8, 2012
    Indialantic, Fl
    John
    a fantastic set!!

8. lapdog99

Sep 3, 2011
    Colorado
    Humm, the gray clouds do appear purplish, and it is noticeable on the jpegs out of the camera as well. I have to double check all the NEX controls because it is easy to leave some of the settings in creative, etc. my Nikonhotos didn't show the purplish cast.