• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Sony 16 on top of Col. National Monument today (singles with HDR efex pro in post)

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
Well skies are a mixed bag today so thought I would try the little 16mm pancake:
   ---            
   ---            
   ---            
   ---            
   ---            

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Wow... looks like a long walk to get up there, what an awesome breathtaking place!

A lot of people overlook the E16 pancake... it might not be the best lens out there, but for it's price it delivers a lot of bang for the buck, especially in situations like that. I can't think of any current AF lens in that focal that's under a thousand bucks.

Are you using a Windows based computer for your pp, lapdog99? From my mac monitor, the images appear quite purplish... I'm aware there's a gamma difference between the two systems and I may not be seeing what you're seeing.

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Strictly Apple (iMacs/Mac Airs/iPads/iPhones). The HDR software has a tendency
To do that, although I have noticed it more with the NEX 7. I paid $125 for the
Virtually new 16 pancake.

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Humm, the gray clouds do appear purplish, and it is noticeable on the jpegs out of the camera as well. I have to double check all the NEX controls because it is easy to leave some of the settings in creative, etc. my Nikonhotos didn't show the purplish cast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom