Some Vacation pics - NYC and Vancouver Island

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by HabsFan, Jul 8, 2013.

1. HabsFan

HabsFan TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    Ontario, CAN
    Just thought I'd share some pics from my families vacations from last month. All shot on Nex 5N and 18-55 or 55-210 lenses. Actually only the last one was taken with the 18-55. While 55-210 is not used as often, i seem to get way more keepers with it. First 4 are processed from RAW, last 3 are OOC

1 Fanny Bay

2 - Qualicum Beech

3 - Chrysler Building

4 - Chrysler Building reflection across Lexington

5 - Empire state building from Top of the rock. Nothing special here except that it was a super hazy and humid day. The sony 55-210 is still pretty sharp here at 210mm f8

6 - Random rickshaw dude

7 - Cabs at night
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    They all drew my eyes! But how'd you score a continent-spanning vacation?
  3. Hypocaffeinic

Hypocaffeinic TalkEmount Regular

Jun 16, 2013
    Qld, Australia
    Great shots, I especially love the B+Ws. Am off to NYC in only a smidge over two weeks - can't wait to see what I can capture there!
  4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Some amazing shots here!!! Especially #1, #6 and #7 with #2 being my favourite of all - Very nice work :thumbup:
  5. HabsFan

HabsFan TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    Ontario, CAN
    Yeah, probably sounds strange at first to be at both side of the continent. We were visiting my father in law with the family in BC. 2 weeks later, me and the Mrs. went to NYC for her birthday for the long weekend.