Some shots with the little FE 35 f2.8

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by pbizarro, Mar 14, 2016.

1. pbizarro

pbizarro TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 24, 2014
    Yesterday morning I went out before sunrise to shoot in the area near Cabo Sardao, SW Portugal. I took this little lens that I borrowed from a friend of mine, for testing, and see what it was all about. As we know, this lens is considered too expensive for f2.8, lacks character, and so on. I have the Loxia 35 too, but sometimes, one just needs AF to work and shoot faster.

IMO, the lens is the perfect size for travel, reportage, going light. On the A7II, one hardly notices it, but the little thing is still well built and delivers the goods. Will I had it to my arsenal? Not sure; f2.8 is actually sufficient for most needs, so I will keep an eye on a used deal:)

Also took some shots in a local farmers market near the town of Milfontes, also SW Portugal coast. My wife was buying the stuff for us to plant in our small garden (onions, leeks, beans...), so I took a few shots just for fun.

Get close, open up, and see the background blur, while having coffee:)

• Like Like x 7
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Lately I've noticed an increase in ebay listings for this lens and prices seem to have gone down a little.

Nice set of photos - #2 is my favourite ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. runnerpsu

runnerpsu TalkEmount Regular

Feb 12, 2016
    South Florida
    I waffling between the 35 F2.8 and the 28 F2. Your shots sure make a case for the 35
  4. mstphoto

mstphoto TalkEmount Regular

Feb 26, 2016
    Aberdeen, NE Scotland
    Mike Stephen
    Looks like a very capable lens.
    Some nice details throughout.
    The first 2 images look like parts of our coastline here in NE Scotland but its probably a touch warmer where you are :D