1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

some low light in Manchester 5N and 16mm pancake

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by gio, Jan 11, 2013.

1. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    using the 5N and 16mm e mount around iso 1600

DSC04533.

DSC04519.

DSC04502.

DSC04156.

2. LuvMusic

LuvMusic TalkEmount Regular

Dec 11, 2012
    Chicago area
    Cool, thanks for sharing. I also have a 5N and just bought a 16mm pancake. These are the type of results I'm hoping for.

3. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    that's a nice compliment,thanks.
    good luck with your new adventure

4. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Like to see that other people also like their 16mm, can't understand why some people seem to hate it... ;-)

5. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    I think it's a follow the leader thing, give a dog a bad name and everybody does,without much evidence or trial.The 16mm does a great job in certain aspects,ie shooting from the hip photojourmalism, with the adaptor even better,and for video the 16 with adaptor is just great .

use camera equipment as with all equipment, too their strengths not their weaknesses and you will get good results.
    I've seen some absolutely abysmal shots with a top of the range leica and superb shots with a point and shoot.
    once you find out the strengths ,weakness and limitations of a camera or lens then you can work to that,
    a world record 100 mtr sprinter would never beat a world record 5000 mtr runner or vice versa in their opposite disciplines.
    Who is the best runner of the two ?

6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Many dismiss the 16mm, but it seems to be working for you quite well.

7. Orange

Orange TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 4, 2013
    England
    It's not Orange!
    I like this shot :)

8. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk

as I was saying previously,trying to get the best out of your equipment, and recognising it's strengths, this was a photo I took in London with a mobile phone, samsung galaxy 11. I was working on a site and cameras were not allowed onsite,so I made the best out of what I had, a bit wonky but not too bad,
    Canary Wharf,the river Thames and the O2 centre formerly the Millennium Dome

34hyjh3.

9. Nagenk

Nagenk TalkEmount Regular

Jan 16, 2013
    This is one thing I realized during my ongoing 365 days project with NEX-3 (The very first entry level NEX model). Know your equipments strength and use it to the best

365 days with NEX-3