Some inexpensive EF electronic adapter?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Manu-4Vendetta, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta TalkEmount Regular

Apr 7, 2013
    Dominican Republic
    Emmanuel Peña
    I have seen in amazon some marks like Commlite, Fotasy with inexpensive options under U$100 but with a score not convincing, has anyone had any experience in this regard or can make a recommendation?

Thanks.

2. Arutemu

Arutemu TalkEmount Veteran

Jun 11, 2015
    I have used a Fotga adapter for my A7R Mk I in the past. I believe it was meant as a clone of Metabones. It worked, but the AF was a nightmare - so slow. Forget about hitting anything faster than an asphalt roller. When I actually got the original Metabones, I was stunned by how fast the AF was.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. Manu-4Vendetta

Apr 7, 2013
    Dominican Republic
    Emmanuel Peña
    Thanks for the comment Aretemu.

This week the Sigma MC11 cost $150 and the Fotodiox Pro Fusion $100. Which is better?

4. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    The Sigma and it's not even close. Going through why is pointless, because it is better in every conceivable way. The only reason you buy the Fotodiox (which is not on sale) is if money is your primary concern.

5. JMM

JMM TalkEmount Regular

Jul 29, 2016
    John
    I bought fotodiox for MP-E65 and im very happy for obvious reasons :)

6. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    That is a manual focus macro lens that only requires electronic connections, so I'm not sure what you mean by "obvious reasons". You could have basically gotten anything and been happy. So how is this comment helping the OP make the right choice?

The OP is trying to determine which is the better. I have both the Fotodiox and the Sigma. I had the Fotodiox first and ended up buying the Sigma because the Fotodiox was only good for manual focus. The Sigma is better in every way including build quality. The Sigma also has allows for firmware updates for future compatibility.

7. JMM

JMM TalkEmount Regular

Jul 29, 2016
    John
    I was trying to make a friendly banter, but if you want to be so strict and that helpful, you forgot to ask OP what body he plan to use, because if it's nor A7RII/A6300/A6500 AF will be useless anyway. Despite what some claim, i find AF with A7II and MC-11 is also dissapointing, so AF adapter is no-go.

8. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    I've got a couple of Techart AF (a Pro and a GA3) adapters that work great with my A7ii, so it must be a your-mileage-may-vary kind of thing.

9. Manu-4Vendetta

Apr 7, 2013
    Dominican Republic
    Emmanuel Peña
    Thanks for the comments.

My camera its an A6500.

PS: At amazon I only get Sigma MC11, Fotodiox, Fotasy and Commlite. The Techart available is for Leica M to E-Mount

10. Arutemu

Arutemu TalkEmount Veteran

Jun 11, 2015
    From what I have read, I would imagine Sigma to be the better one of the two. It is supposed to be as good as Metabones at half the price. I don't think you would go wrong with Sigma.

11. Mus Aziz

Mus Aziz TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 3, 2015
    Mus
    The AF on my A7R2 works fine using the Sigma MC-11 with both the Sigma 20 Art and Sigma 35 Art (both Canon EF mounts). I'm really impressed especially with the Sigma 20 Art (my landscape photography lens). It autofocuses well, considering that I normally use the lens at and after sunset (where it normally is quite dark) for most of my seascape images.

• Like Like x 2