1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Some flowers

Discussion in 'Nature' started by seachicken, Jun 18, 2013.

1. seachicken

seachicken New to TalkEmount

Jun 17, 2013
    Taken with the NEX-7, and either the Minolta 100mm macro on the LA-EA2 (first and last), or the Micro Nikkor 60mm. C&C welcome.
    _DSC3504-Edit. _DSC3568. _DSC3589. _DSC3593. _DSC3601. _DSC3604.

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Lovely

3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Excellent!!!

4. makebeautifulpics

makebeautifulpics New to TalkEmount

Jul 3, 2013
    Wow! All these pics are amazing! The amount of detail and especially the colors are spot on!

I'm from Holland, and some family members work in the flower industry. So each and every single week we recieve lots of free flowers. I only recently started photography, and you may guess what I've been photographing most last weeks. You just guessed it :)

I don't have a macro lens yet though, and I'm absolutely confused about how they work. It's all new to me. The pics you made are exactly the type of pictures I would once would like to be able to make. So it's clear to me I should buy a macro lens.

Is the lens you are using a legacy lens? I'm quite poor so I really hope I don't have to spend a lot of money for a good macro lens. There are also macro couplers (so you can reverse mount normal lenses) but to me that does not make sense at all. I'd rather buy one decent allround macro lens.

Thank you for posting these beautiful pics! :)