1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Sololaki

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by olli, Jan 27, 2012.

1. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Decided it was time to go take some pictures so I headed into the old Tbilisi neighbourhood of Sololaki. Unfortunately, it was an icy cold day and after a couple of hours my fingers were frozen. I did manage a few shots though, all taken with the NEX-5 and a borrowed SEL16mm lens which I still can't decide if I want to get or not - it might all come down to how good the forthcoming Sigma 19mm is. I also pumped up both contrast and clarity on these in LR.

Sololaki is one of the older parts of the city which has been largely untouched by attempts to modernise or restore which have been going on elsewhere. On the one hand that's a good thing because I get to see and feel the atmosphere of those neighbourhoods; on the other hand the more time passes the more the buildings crumble and decay to the point where they are beyond restoration. The first shot is a great example of one of these buildings.

6771609995_22eb9606ff_o.
    DSC02477 by ...olli..., on Flickr

6771609783_4b6ce9cddb_o.
    DSC02458 by ...olli..., on Flickr

6771609881_55e55653b3_o.
    DSC02467 by ...olli..., on Flickr​

2. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    is seen to be a nice place :)

3. tomrock

tomrock TalkEmount Regular

Sep 18, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    These are great. I think you should get the 16mm lens. You'd be able to make good use of it.