Social distancing...

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
It's rough on the kids. Today I saw my kids staring through the window with tears flowing down their faces. I could have let them in but, social distancing is social distancing...

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Agreed Richard. My youngest granddaughter had her sixth birthday yesterday. We stood at the front door while my daughter and grandkids stood on the front walk. The birthday girl was ok considering (and was picking up her presents after all), the grandson was sad yet managing, but my oldest granddaughter was crying and had tears running down her face because she could not come over and give us a hug.

This damned virus - and I mean damned - needs to be vanquished.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
We only get to see our grandkids via Facetime. Japan is on a totally different time zone than we are. The one in CA is too little to understand what is going on. Staying away is easier for us I guess.

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Regular
It's rough on the kids. Today I saw my kids staring through the window with tears flowing down their faces. I could have let them in but, social distancing is social distancing...
Well, here's me thinking that you had put your children out on the street in the cause of social distancing, which would, of course, have been a joke. The sort of joke that some of my dry-humour Northern-England relatives might make.

But if not... then I'm sorry for the inappropriate response, and the same picture all at once turns sad.

Here, we are respecting our government's lockdown instructions. I feel it is absolutely for our own safety anyway. The secure place to be is in the house.

This is the first time in my life that I have (a) been in the at-risk category (that was always someone else) and (b) felt that I do not know who amongst us all will still be around in a few months time. That is something my parents would have lived with through WW2, and my grandparents through two world wars and a major epidemic.

The separation of the generations (I only have cats, and my wife's family is more subject to disagreement than disease) must be a loss of comfort, and a source of sadness to many.

Latest posts

Top Bottom