1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

So today, this little lot arrived! ...

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Orange, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Orange

Orange TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 4, 2013
    England
    It's not Orange!
    At last, my 3 new lenses arrived today all at the same time woohoo!
    Sold my kit 16-50mm to buy these with! ...

DSC01037_zpsad16d096.

DSC01035_zpsd4626a99.

DSC01034_zps06c8b1c8.

So I got a SONY 16mm pancake f/2.8 for £97 with lens hood (non SONY) a lens pouch, and 2 cheapo filters!
    A Canon FD 28mm f/2.8 - which came with a KIWIfotos adapter for just £32.20!
    and a Canon FD 50mm f/1.8 for a bargain £20!
    All thanks to eBay and all in tip-top condition!

With the 50mm (my favourite of the 3 so far), I took these randoms at home ...

Poppy having a clean!
    DSC01011_zps7c3e9e88.

DSC01052_zps1af06756.

DSC01084_zps0662877d.

DSC01078_zps61fb0e14.

This one of Izzy is blurred but I love the moment!
    DSC01093_zpsf6aac142.

I know they're not the sharpest, but it is my first time with PROPER MF in about 5 years since I sold my old Canon T90 lol!
    Have to say though, completely loving the Focus Peaking, now I know I've made the right choice in camera system.
    Really wanted the 5R because it was so much cheaper too, but went for the 6 for 3 reasons, the EVF, the extra "old-school" mode dial and the built-in flash!

Also am dead-chuffed that the uploads worked PROPERLY this time (thanks gio) and that I've FINALLY posted some pics instead of just TALKING cameras/equipment!

The combination of joining this forum and getting a NEX has immediately made me want to use my new camera and actually take photos again, something I stopped doing with my now sold DSLR.
    I love the people here, as you can probably tell from my other posts, and love the pictures I see. Sure, the quality & technical competence of posted photos varies largely, but we are all on a learning curve, and I find that EVERYTHING I see posted here (in terms of images) inspires me to look at the world differently, at subject matter I would not have otherwise considered. But also, it makes me want to improve my photographic ability. The wonderful tactile nature of the two legacy lenses I have just purchased has made a massive difference and is something I never realised I missed as much as I did till today!

Anyway, sermon over!
    Orange :)

2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nice shots mate and congrats on the purchase!!!
    I love the first shot of the cat and the flower (lamp?) shot ;)

Told ya a 50mm lecagy would be a great start ;) Isn't MF a joy to use (and the focus peaking an amazing helpful function?) ;)

"But also, it makes me want to improve my photographic ability. The wonderful tactile nature of the two legacy lenses I have just purchased has made a massive difference and is something I never realised I missed as much as I did till today!"

I felt the EXACT same way when I first shot with my (first ever) MF 50mm ;)

3. Orange

Orange TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 4, 2013
    England
    It's not Orange!
    Cheers Nick! Yeah it's a lamp with metal petals.
    Yeah the MF is a joy indeed, absolutely LOVE it!!!
    What's amazed me is that this is how we all used to focus lol! Really, it makes such a difference to have that feeling back again, but would be difficult without the peaking, wonderful feature.
    Glad you feel the good vibes of MF too now my friend ;)

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Congrats on the new lenses. And on getting pic uploads sorted. ;)

5. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    Yes congrats. Lol not surprised that your enjoying the 50