• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Smoke pics...

jfazer

TalkEmount Regular
The other day I tried smoke captures... Here are the results...

dsc3039t.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

dsc3042g.jpg

Hope you like them!

jfazer

TalkEmount Regular
Thanks for your comments! I'm glad you like them!

Here another two pics...

dsc3036e.jpg

dsc3041.jpg

The colors are obtained by a colored gel put on the flash. I've realized now that in the green one there are some dust spots... And the purple one is a bit unfocused...

jfazer

TalkEmount Regular
Those are awesome! How do you light them? Flash? Or something else?

I'm glad you like them.
I used a external flash. The nex-5 isn't able to handle an external flash, so I had to fire it manually, and at the same time I press the shoot botton. I shot slowly (1/2") to shot both the flash and the camera.
I put the camera on a tripod, focusing to the incense bar, and I handled the flash a bit below and on the side of the incense.
In the background I put a black paper.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
I'm glad you like them.
I used a external flash. The nex-5 isn't able to handle an external flash, so I had to fire it manually, and at the same time I press the shoot botton. I shot slowly (1/2") to shot both the flash and the camera.
I put the camera on a tripod, focusing to the incense bar, and I handled the flash a bit below and on the side of the incense.
In the background I put a black paper.

Cool, thanks.

storyteller

TalkEmount Veteran
Interesting technique (or maybe standard I don't know). Never tried smoke shooting before but I your pictures make me want to give it a try.

jfazer

TalkEmount Regular
Cool, thanks.

You're welcome!

Interesting technique (or maybe standard I don't know). Never tried smoke shooting before but I your pictures make me want to give it a try.

If you try it, show us your results!
I use the same technique for drops pics... Yesterday I took some pics... I'll share them now...

J.Steve

New to TalkEmount
Yup,that was great.I will go with others that second one was inspiring.

Latest threads

Top Bottom