Smile Shutter and Anti-shake capturing

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by alaios, Mar 25, 2013.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi, two more features
    that I would like to ask you if you use them and when

1. Smile shutter. Detects a smile and shoots. Any useful or is just annoying to have shots automatically taken when you adjust the settings?
    2. There is also this mode for taking no blurry photos under low light, in that the camera takes 5 different shots. Do you use that? Does it indeed reduces bluriness?

Regards
    Alex

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    1. No idea if it works. To me it's a gimmick to sell cameras to P&S upgraders.

2. Yes, yes. But don't expect to take a shot of footballers in the street at night. ;)

3. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    2. and how it works? Does it makes an average over the 5 shots or just bring the best one?

4. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    1. Yeah, doesn't even work properly as far as I've tried it.

2. It uses the 'best' parts of all images and stitches it to one. But as I'm never sure what exactly I get, I usually simply bring a tripod with me - or shoot a fast lens at high ISO.

5. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    2. which tripod u have?

6. Mirrorless

Mirrorless TalkEmount Rookie

Jul 11, 2012
    Ambrose

I have never quite get it to work, but works well on the A99 I played with for 5 minutes?! When the camera detect a face, with the smile shutter on, it will start taking picture when the camera detect a change in expression . i.e. a smile. You might have to be in a certain shoot mode to get the program to engage.

have really tried to get it to work on my 7 tho :p

7. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    I currently use a Manfrotto compact series tripod with ball head. I know it's not the best one, but at the time I bought it, it was pretty much the smallest and lightest tripod that still was able to extend to 180 cm. And it was cheap. It withstood quite a bit of weather until now, and it's pretty steady when using such a light camera as a Sony NEX.

I plan to purchase a carbon fibre one once I get the money, because there are pretty small options out there now, but if your budget is limited, the Manfrotto compact series isn't bad at all.