Smallest manual lens with adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by tominabox1, Jul 30, 2013.

1. tominabox1

tominabox1 TalkEmount Rookie

Jul 26, 2013
    What is the smallest mount type/lens that will give me the most compact camera? I have the 16-50mm kit lens but I want something a bit faster and smaller if I can get it cheap. Any manual lenses fit the bill? Something on the wider end of things probably would be best.
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    It's not exactly cheap, but the Voigtländer Color Skopar 25mm f/4 with the Leica Mount may fit the bill for you. It's fairly wide, and sharp as a tack.

3. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    The smallest manual lens I know of is the Super Triplet Perar Lens. It is an M-Mount, so while the lens is extremely thin, you lose some of that advantage by having to add the adapter. The 16mm pancake might be just as small, once you figure in the adapter.
  4. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Most of the small lenses are M mount (smallest adapter for NEX), and you may as well get the Sony 20/2.8 pancake if that is really what you're after. You get AF thrown in and it's probably the same price as second hand M mount lenses anyway.
  5. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    Smallest one I actually own is the 28/3.5 Canon LTM:

6. Hin Man

Hin Man TalkEmount Regular

Jan 18, 2013
    Smallest that I own is the Pentax Auto 110 24mm f/2.8. But the caveat lies in shooting wide open in f/2.8 as it lacks iris diaphragm

25.5mm filter size