1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sloping horizons

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Chris Munden, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Chris Munden

Chris Munden TalkEmount Regular

May 13, 2016
    Peter Bower
    Hi,
    A few of my pics need straightening but I cannot find the horizon adjustment on PLAY MEMORIES HOME, Its either not in the edit suite or I can't find it, any ideas
    Thanks

2. pbizarro

pbizarro TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 24, 2014
    Portugal
    Can't you use the in-camera level?

3. Chris Munden

May 13, 2016
    Peter Bower
    There is no level in the A6000

4. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Don't know about PMH, but if you're using Windows/Microsoft Office, there's a leveling feature in there, I use it often.

5. Chris Munden

May 13, 2016
    Peter Bower
    Yes, thanks for that

6. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    The PMH stuff is pretty limited. If you want something more full-featured without spending money, there is a Sony-only 'express' version of Capture One you can download for free. You can upgrade to a Sony-only full version for $50. If you enable them when you install, the paid features are locked after 30 days, but you get to keep using the limited version indefinitely for free and it is updateable same as the paid version. If you want to go all out, they give you a whole $30 off the full version for all cameras they support ($269 versus $299, I was being a little sarcastic there).

There is straightening alongside a feature list you'd expect in a retail photo editing package. I use it myself - the unlocked Sony-only version - and like the default rendering of RAWs, but that is a personal preference of course. The interface is a bit more intimidating than Lightroom at first, but is extremely customizable and non-modal, and offers some simplified workspaces you can use if preferred. The library management is improved recently, but LR has a definite advantage there.

Anyway, doesn't cost anything to give it a try.
    FREE Capture One Express for Sony Cameras

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Faststone Image Viewer 5.5 includes a straightening tool which works well. Also free download.

8. pbizarro

pbizarro TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 24, 2014
    Portugal
    Ah, ok... a cheap option is just to use a spirit/bubble level in the hot shoe. did that for years with film cameras:)