• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Site upgrade feedback, bugs, and requests thread

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
It does if the picture is bigger than the current browser window.

There is a certain other site where I lurk that displays an image at whatever size it was uploaded. This is really annoying when people post really large pictures, as the column width is also affected by the largest picture and really disrupts the flow. (And I am one who likes large sizes.)

So I really like the way here where it fits the pic inside the window/page, enlarges it when clicked, and readjusts if you resize the browser window. And you can zoom in to full rez (interact for a toolbar to show at the top of the image).

Perfect.

Ad Dieleman

Amateur
It does if the picture is bigger than the current browser window.
Test with original of 7708 x 4852 px, uploaded as an attached file. Nothing happens if I click on the picture. Previously the cursor changed to a hand, now it doesn't (Google Chrome browser on macOS Mojave 10.14.5).

20190720-022.jpg
ILCE-7RM2    E 21mm F2.8    21mm    f/11.0    1/500s    ISO 250

Now image inserted via URL to a full-size jpeg on my Smugmug site. Same behaviour, nothing happens when I click on the picture.

i-wgLBp69.jpg
ILCE-7RM2    E 21mm F2.8    21mm    f/11.0    1/500s    ISO 250

Last edited:

Kmac76

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Kevin
Amin- everything looks great, I love the new look. Only issue I have is that I don’t see the EXIF info, not critical to my existence, but I really enjoy seeing settings of others pix...keep up the great work!

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Test with original of 7708 x 4852 px, uploaded as an attached file. Nothing happens if I click on the picture. Previously the cursor changed to a hand, now it doesn't (Google Chrome browser on macOS Mojave 10.14.5).

Now image inserted via URL to a full-size jpeg on my Smugmug site. Same behaviour, nothing happens when I click on the picture.

Not working for me now either addieleman but it definitely did before.

Edit: well if the picture does not fit, for example if I un-maximize the browser window, the clicking still works. So it is like your images are forced to a lower resolution now, like they were before the upgrade.

msullivan

TalkEmount Regular
When I click on a photo a new tab opens and the photo can be enlarged. I am using Chrome on a PC.

Amin

TalkEmount All-Pro

View attachment 103475

View attachment 103476

The forum software resizes all attachments to a max of 1600px. If you view this thread in a browser window more narrow than 1600px and then click on those pictures, you will see what I mean.

D

Deleted member 7067

Thank you, Amin, for all your work and hours you put into this site.
I‘m with Kmac76, I do enjoy EXIF info about the lens and aperture used which helps me learn. So it would be great if you could please fix that feature, that‘s a +1 from me.

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
I don’t know if either of these features are available with this new software, but I miss:

1) While on the home page, being able to see at a glance whether there are any unread posts. The titles of unread posts used to be in bold type on the right sidebar, making it easy to see at a glance whether or not I’m all caught up.

2) There used to be an “Unread Posts” button at the bottom of each thread, making it simple to get at all of the remaining unread posts when done reading a thread. Now I seem to have to scroll back up to the top and click on “What’s New.”

I have no idea how hard these would be to implement, but there’s no harm in asking, right? :D

Amin

TalkEmount All-Pro
There used to be an “Unread Posts” button at the bottom of each thread, making it simple to get at all of the remaining unread posts when done reading a thread. Now I seem to have to scroll back up to the top and click on “What’s New.”

Are you talking about when you are on a mobile phone? Or desktop? Both? I added a bottom sticky bar for mobile. Does that address this request?

Amin

TalkEmount All-Pro
While on the home page, being able to see at a glance whether there are any unread posts. The titles of unread posts used to be in bold type on the right sidebar, making it easy to see at a glance whether or not I’m all caught up.

I'm still trying to figure out if this is possible. In the meanwhile, I added back the red number count for unread posts next to What's New.

Amin

TalkEmount All-Pro
While on the home page, being able to see at a glance whether there are any unread posts. The titles of unread posts used to be in bold type on the right sidebar, making it easy to see at a glance whether or not I’m all caught up.

I've changed this to show only unread posts. Is that an improvement?

Latest threads

Top Bottom