Site upgrade feedback, bugs, and requests thread

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Added: What's New counter (resets with Mark forums read)

Changed: Post ratings emoji for "Funny" and "Appreciate"

Fixed: Page indicator for Dark and Very Dark skins

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
Can't say as I am too wild about the red/orange highlights on quoted posts, but it could just be me.

Things are settling down and shaping up rather nicely. I rather like the new look/feel.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
You can now ignore any forum or any thread completely on the site and revert those settings at any time via the user control panel "Ignore" link.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Ha, seems outrageous, But I would just love to see how many of my threads had been ignored, will this be in stats!? :yahoo::drinks:
Ha, I can't image why anyone would ignore your threads, and no won't be in stats :biggrin:

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Forum "Quick Search" box added. Very handy in the Showcase forums as well as Buy & Sell.

MWhite

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
I'm not sure if this is a bug or user (me) error. I wanted to strike through a word on a post I had written - should have gotten it right the first time! Nonetheless, I selected the offending word (and only that word) and hit the strike through button on the edit panel. No problem. But when I inspected the rest of the post, I saw that most of the rest of my text had also been stricken through. I went to each instance, highlighted the text, and pushed the strike through button again in order to remove the strike through. That worked. But, why was the additional text so affected the first time? By the way, I like what you've done with the site update!

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I'm not sure if this is a bug or user (me) error. I wanted to strike through a word on a post I had written - should have gotten it right the first time! Nonetheless, I selected the offending word (and only that word) and hit the strike through button on the edit panel. No problem. But when I inspected the rest of the post, I saw that most of the rest of my text had also been stricken through. I went to each instance, highlighted the text, and pushed the strike through button again in order to remove the strike through. That worked. But, why was the additional text so affected the first time?
I’m not sure. Let me try one. Testing...

Edit: works okay for me but could be a bug specific to a device, OS, or browser.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
For now, I've disabled three of the post ratings options: Wow, Useful, and Sad. They were the three least used ones. Wow had some overlap with Winner, Useful with Informative, and there were some concerns about misuse of "Sad". And fewer choices makes it a bit more user friendly. I can always bring them back if they are missed.

MWhite

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
I’m not sure. Let me try one. Testing...

Edit: works okay for me but could be a bug specific to a device, OS, or browser.
I was previously was on Firefox (latest), MacBookPro (7,1), 10.13.6. This is on Safari (latest) with the same computer. This is a test of the strikethrough.

No problems with the strikethrough. The post I was previously trying to edit had several photos inserted from Flickr. Perhaps that is the source of the problem. I'll try to edit this using Firefox and see what happens. I will do the strikethrough on this.

The correction on Firefox worked fine. I think it is something to do with Flickr.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Is the screenshot below a better way to do post ratings UI than what we have now with the drop up menu?

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I like that. Seems a bit clearer than clicking on “Like” and then selecting the icon you intended to use.
One concern raised was that having the "scores" at the left feeds into a popularity contest that people don't like about some social media. I can see it both ways.

The software doesn't give me the option to make the ratings buttons visible without clicking on Like unless the scores are shown at the left.

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
I understand avoiding popularity contests. Yet I like to see stats in order to know the level of interest in the content I post. No sense wasting everyone's time and your computing resources if no one is very interested in my pictures of white elephants in our famous blizzards. :biggrin:

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I understand avoiding popularity contests. Yet I like to see stats in order to know the level of interest in the content I post. No sense wasting everyone's time and your computing resources if no one is very interested in my pictures of white elephants in our famous blizzards. :biggrin:
The current display lets you see those data, but it does require that extra click.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I like that. Seems a bit clearer than clicking on “Like” and then selecting the icon you intended to use.
I understand avoiding popularity contests. Yet I like to see stats in order to know the level of interest in the content I post. No sense wasting everyone's time and your computing resources if no one is very interested in my pictures of white elephants in our famous blizzards.
How does it look now?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom