• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Sigma 40mm ....

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
I've driven myself mad over the last few weeks! I started to think about the Sony Zeiss 50 1.4 ZA as I have a 35mm and a 55 at the moment at its supposed to have a nice bokeh ..... just can't quite get past the Sigma 40 for the moment though. Waiting to see if there are any good deals about in November. I did like the Batis a lot but it missed eye focus at close quarters more often than I would like and sometimes the bokeh could be a bit busy.

Pixl10

TalkEmount Regular
I’m interested, what did you end up getting? I’m tempted by the 50 1.4 Zony.
i have 20/28/85. Looking for something between 28 and 85. I tend to shoot at 40-50 mostly. Mostly candid available light photos of my kids and dog.:))
Thanks

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
I’m interested, what did you end up getting? I’m tempted by the 50 1.4 Zony.
i have 20/28/85. Looking for something between 28 and 85. I tend to shoot at 40-50 mostly. Mostly candid available light photos of my kids and dog.:))
Thanks

Ha, still dithering. I was hoping for a good Black Friday deal but seems they are not discounting this particular Sigma ...... I'm wondering if there's a reason that not many people are using it. Perhaps it really is ridiculously heavy ? Don't see any deals for the Sony 50 1.4 Zeiss either at the moment. Not going anywhere or doing anything much at the moment so I'm not really in any hurry.
I probably shoot much the same subjects as you. Indoors 35mm is too wide and the 55 that I have is too tight.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Not to make matters worse, but pretty strong rumors came out over the last few days of a 35/1.4 GM lens coming Real Soon Now.

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
Looking at the 50mm 1.4 ..... the only deal is £100 cash back if you buy in the next month. Looks like a nice lens though. Having watched an unpacking video of the Sigma 40mm on youTube I can see just how large it is so I'm trying to look at the alternatives.

Actually, to be honest, I haven't had a Christmas or birthday present for quite sometime and I'm looking to redress the balance ..... particularly as my dearest has invested in a rather expensive supercharger for his MX 5 this year :biggrin: ......soooo I'm looking at the sigma 40mm or the FE 50 1.4 ZA .
I get it. Order both. You can always sell off later. That'll teach him.

Top Bottom