1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Sigma 30mm reconized as Sony 30mm?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by plex, Jul 11, 2014.

1. plex

plex TalkEmount Rookie

Jul 6, 2013
    Hi

I was about to sell my Sigma 30mm, and was doing some shots, and noticed that the pictures as very bad/unsharp.

In iPhoto the lens is suddenly recognized as a Sony lens?

What can be the problem - the camera (3n), the lens or iPhoto?

It has worked perfectly before, and lens has done less than 50 shots.

Thanks in advance

2. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    My guess would be that it is iPhoto. I have noticed that lately - the last couple months at least - for my shots with legacy glass, i.e., no lens info recorded, iPhoto lists the lens for the shot as a Sony 0mm. When you look at the actual metadata in detail (like say after it is uploaded to Flickr), the correct empty info is in the lens field. I'd bet you'll find the same for your Sigma.

3. plex

plex TalkEmount Rookie

Jul 6, 2013
    Thanks...

In Apperture, I get the same info - Sony E 30mm F2.8.

Maybe it doesn't matter, but I think the pictures are so unsharp. compared to old pictures shot with the same lens and camera :confused:

Look at this....:
    DSC00707.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    Aperture and iPhoto use the same database and probably the same system-level import, so it's not surprising they both show the same info.

I'm not sure that's so much poor sharpness as it is noise. What ISO is that shot at? And is it RAW or JPEG?

Sent from TalkEmount app on iPad

5. plex

plex TalkEmount Rookie

Jul 6, 2013
    You are right... Camera decided to use iso 16000 in auto mode, even in bright conditions

6. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    Tom
    Misidentifying the lens should not affect sharpness.

The wrong lens data can result in distortion, but I would not expect it to give you a fuzzy image.

- Tom -