Sigma 30mm problem focusing?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by alaios, Mar 21, 2014.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Hi all,
    today I was out with some relative and I had turned on the camera on scene mode-->portraits.
    When I was pressing the button to take the shot, my nex-f3 simply would not take the shot. I had to keep pressing it for more than 5 secs for the shot to come. I am not sure if this could be a focusing problem..

I also switched to auto mode (green mode) and the same problem persisted. Does it sound like a lens problem or does it sound like a body problem?

P.S Lighting was not the highest, it was getting darker so like two hours before being completely dark
  2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    First, remove the lens and put it back on. The most probable cause is that it's either not properly mounted or there is dust or something on the contacts - just check to be sure this is not the case. If the problem is still present, try focusing manually. If it works as it should, it's most probably not a focusing problem (as the manual focusing works via the same motor as the AF).

If MF works normal, it sounds - to me - like a body problem. Can you try another AF lens just to be sure?