1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Sigma 30 and sloooooow startup

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by dixeyk, Oct 5, 2015.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    While I like the Sigma 30 in a number of ways I am finding that it is just incredibly slpw to start up on the NEX 6. I don't recall thid being an issue on the 5n but it sure is noticeable on the 6. Does anyone else have this issue and perhaps any suggestions?

I'm getting ready to head out for a conference (at Disneyworld of all places) but I am seriously thinking I'd rather take an adapted lens than the Sigma because of the slow wakeup times.

2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    There was a thread recently about the same "issue" with the Sigmas. IIRC, some said you could send it back to Sigma to update its firmware or something but I don't remember what the outcome was...

Very helpful reply, I know, lol :D

3. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    Hmmm...I was thinking that it might be a firmware issue but I would think it should be something a user can do.

4. shotupdave

shotupdave TalkEmount Regular

Jul 22, 2014
    Torrance, CA
    Dave
    when you go to the sigma site, no lens firmware updates are available. Either they have not written sw to upgrade through the cameras or have a closed system of thier own to do so.

5. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    I noticed that. Very odd.