1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Showcase Sigma 24-105mm Art, w/MC-11 Mount Converter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Bill, Jan 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bill

Bill TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 22, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Bill
    I had been thinking about one of the 1 inch sensor Sonys for travel photography. But I already have great and fairly compact, full-frame bodies. So, a zoom with a bit of reach seemed a perfect solution.

I settled on the Sigma 24-105mm Art — I already have MC-11 Mount Converters. This was before Sony had it's own 24-105mm, but the Sigma is about half the price of the Sony here in Australia.

While I'm sure the Sony is more responsive and lighter, I find the Sigma reasonably fast in its autofocus. I've been very pleased with the image quality.

20170825_Singapore_0535.

20170825_Singapore_0690.
    The two images above are from the Night Festival in Singapore.

20170825_Singapore_0439.
    This is from the Raffles Hotel (home of the Singapore Sling).

20170905_outback_0782.
    These are Brolgas. They stand about 4.5 feet tall; and, yes, they do fly. This was in Northwest Queensland — the Australian Outback.

• Like Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.