Showcase Sigma 19mm F2.8

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Looks like the Sigma 19mm 2.8 could very well be a great lens for low-light close-quarters wedding reception photography...

Peter Chin

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Peter Chin is my real name.
In lieu of Year of The Snake, a local store had 3 snakes for customers to get a free photo with. I like this one not for composition but more for the reactions on the faces you can see.

19mm is great for tight space photo Ops, i'm right in the action.

gio

TalkEmount Veteran
been fighting with myself re the 19mm since I got the 30mm, the fight is over,thanks to your photos the 19mm will be ordered from Amazon tomorrow

Nubster

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Chad
I'll add one from a couple weeks ago...

My kid and his goofy faces...

Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

eno789

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Black Oaks

<a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2hnIS15deSl-7c8dbyUnkYXIminFGYCX7tdkkpxrLUk?feat=embedwebsite">
"532" width="800" /></a>

<a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/RwBwoZJtwnzibea4ixeHcYXIminFGYCX7tdkkpxrLUk?feat=embedwebsite">
"532" width="800" /></a>

ubodepaode

TalkEmount Rookie
I don't know if I have a bad copy but I have issues focusing with my 19 Sigma. I'm about to return it. Here's one sample image.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/antonic-petar/8553393778/" title="Untitled by petar.antonic, on Flickr">
"800" height="531" alt="Untitled"></a>

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can you further describe what you mean by "issues focusing"? Manual or Automatic?

Is the lens hunting for focus in low light? If so, is your camera updated to the latest firmware?
Is the lens hunting for focus in bright light? You might have a bad copy of the lens. But check the camera's firmware anyway.

Do you think you are focused, but the pictures are blurry? The lens has no stabilization, so check for camera shake due to low shutter speed.

Those are the first things that come to mind.

ubodepaode

TalkEmount Rookie
Autofocus...and yes, hunting for focus and when it appears to have focused, the part of the image that should be in focus is not....I'll go back and check the shutter speeds but don't think it was that. Light was adequate, indoor and outdoor. Camera was last updated couple weeks ago with 1.01(?) software...

Latest posts

Top Bottom