• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Sigma 19mm and 30mm F2.8 EX DN (Sony E)

oylo

TalkEmount Regular
On sale in Norway now. 175 USD (per item)!

Run to buy.............

oylo

TalkEmount Regular
I ran!

These are photos I've taken with the Sigma 19mm this morning.

_DSC1291.jpg
_DSC1309.jpg

_DSC1318.jpg
_DSC1304.jpg
_DSC1303.jpg

Bruce.B

New to TalkEmount
Real Name
Bruce
Great sample shots... thank you!

I take it these were taken in Norway... ?? My first glance convinced me it was in the US southern Rockies, maybe in western New Mexico. But I should have been looking at piñon and there were no juniper trees mixed in. Where were these taken? It's beautiful!

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
very good shots mate, fascinating landscape, rich color, this lens has a very good reputation, mounted on the nex is a 28.5mm and a maximum aperture of 2.8, has a minimum focusing distance of 20cm, I think it can work well as macro using some closeup filters.

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Any experience of the 30mm?[/QUOTE

I had a 30 for a while and it is indeed very sharp and has lovely rendering. I unread somewhere that it is referred to as the sigmmalux by some users. That may be stretching it a bit but a very nice lens and a real bargain as well.

lowbone

TalkEmount Regular
Could someone post photos taken at the larger apertures? Just about any lens will appear sharp at f8 or f11

lowbone

TalkEmount Regular
Pretty impressive, especially when you factor in the low price of these lenses

6so

TalkEmount Regular
Shot with newly acquired Sigma 30mm f2.8.Truly value for money,sharp and silent like a ninja.
street_nex6-1.jpg

street_nex6-3.jpg

street_nex6-4.jpg

Was trying out the rich B&W effect.Didn't realized some artifacts appears on foreground until loaded to computer.
street_nex6-1-2.jpg

Rich

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Any experience of the 30mm?[/QUOTE

I had a 30 for a while and it is indeed very sharp and has lovely rendering. I unread somewhere that it is referred to as the sigmmalux by some users. That may be stretching it a bit but a very nice lens and a real bargain as well.

+1

I havent taken the 30mm off my 5N since I bought it, and I am unlikely to. I think it is a superb lens. Its by far the cheapest lens I have ever bought, and I reckon its the best. Period!

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
I just ordered both the Sigmas on Black Friday deals. Even if I don't like them I'm guaranteed to be able to sell them on without a loss here since I purchased overseas. I have tried the 19mm in a store before on my NEX-5N and it was nice and sharp but didn't really put it through the paces. Can't wait!

My Konica 40/1.8 came in (not the Vivitar sadly), wow it really was minty. Only my adapter's not yet here... now I will have to do a Christmas clearout after I see what I actually need!

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
I just ordered both the Sigmas on Black Friday deals. Even if I don't like them I'm guaranteed to be able to sell them on without a loss here since I purchased overseas. I have tried the 19mm in a store before on my NEX-5N and it was nice and sharp but didn't really put it through the paces. Can't wait!

Congrats! :)

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
I just received my Sigma 30mm today but the weather isn't good enough to test it out. I also realized that I paid £50 more than I needed to after seeing it on offer, grrrr !

Latest posts

Top Bottom