1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sigma 150-600 f5-6.3 C

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Jeep Captain, Mar 13, 2019 at 7:34 PM.

1. Jeep Captain

Jeep Captain TalkEmount Regular

Dec 31, 2017
    Northwest Indiana
    Jeff
    Just got this lens from Amazon. It was bundled with a Sigma dock and MC-11 Cannon / Sony E adapter and a bunch of other crap that mostly got thrown away. It's a 4.25 lb beast. I'll be using it on both my a6300 and a7II. My main reason for getting this long of a lens is we are going on an Alaskan cruise this summer and I'm hoping to put it to good use. Time to practice with this new giant piece of glass. If you're wondering how big the front elelment is, it takes a 95mm filter.

• Like Like x 4
  2. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Be sure to bring a portable tripod with you for the trip.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mstphoto

mstphoto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 26, 2016
    Aberdeen, NE Scotland
    Mike Stephen
    I have the Tamron version.
    I managed a handheld shot at 1/25!!

4. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I’m already looking forward to seeing what you capture up there with that beast. :popcorm2:

5. Richard Crowe

Richard Crowe TalkEmount Regular

Sep 14, 2018
    A monopod is a great addition to a heavy lens. Not only when you are shooting - it's great to rest your arm muscles while awaiting a shot...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.