Showcase Sigma 135mm f/1.8 Art

MAubrey

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
It looks so 3D, it's as if your head is about to pop out of the screen! I wonder how the new Sigma 105mm 1.4 Art compares to the 135mm Art?
I considered the 105, but being $500 more and 500g heavier, I stuck with the 135mm. Still, they have an identically sized entrance pupils of 75mm, so they're probably pretty close in that respect.

The Sigma MTF charts (which I think I are tested, not calculated) say the 105 is as sharp at f/1.4 as the 135 is at f/1.8, which is pretty incredible.

MAubrey

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
I actually have one of these, but its for sale in a local shop (on commission). It's a fantastic lens, but so big and heavy. Lugging it around is actually one of the main reasons I sold my Canon gear and switched to Sony! However, if it doesn't sell at the price it is listed at now, I'll probably pull it out and try it again rather than reducing the price further. Maybe using it on an A7m3 will reawaken the love I initially had for it...
It's certainly heavy. I'm justifying it by continuing to compare it to my Olympus OM 180mm f/2 at 1900g.

I don't like this one as much, but it's so sharp (cross posted to the portraits thread).

Portrait Session III
by Mike Aubrey, on Flickr

Latest posts

Top Bottom