Showcase Sigma 135mm f/1.8 Art

SamSS

TalkEmount Veteran
Jonathan, all taken in Cancún except for one of a lady in traditional white dress from the backside.
Again, all taken in Cancún wide open.

I think these guys wanna cross the very busy street. The public bus transportation there drives like miniacs. Seem to me that they compete each others to pickup fare passengers.

Taken in USA

Last edited:

JonathanF2

TalkEmount All-Pro
Jonathan, all taken in Cancún except for one of a lady in traditional white dress from the backside.
Again, all taken in Cancún wide open.

View attachment 83309

View attachment 83310

I think these guys wanna cross the very busy street. The public bus transportation there drives like miniacs. Seem to me that they compete each others to pickup fare passengers.
View attachment 83314

View attachment 83311

View attachment 83312

Taken in USA
View attachment 83313
Haha, I'm totally off! I just got confused because of the ao dai dress! ;)

SamSS

TalkEmount Veteran
On stage, no flash and wide open @ ISO-400. I was about 20 feet away and cropped in a little.

Bill

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Bill
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Sigma 85mm, f/1.4 is more flexible, but the 135mm, f/1.8 has something special. The model is Anastasia.

Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

SamSS

TalkEmount Veteran
Believe it or not, this 135mm kinda stuck on on the 7R2 and wouldn't want to come off.

I had a great time and the lens performed well at the Performance Art Center in San Jose.

Long distance shot almost full crop on demand at the back stage...while the other photog was figuring his settings.

Last edited:

Bill

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Bill
This is Keeley. She's a wonderful model, and she's also a wonderful assistant.

chalkdust

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Bert Cheney
Believe it or not, this 135mm kinda stuck on on the 7R2 and wouldn't want to come off.
I love it when I find a lens that sticks to a camera. I have a lens now that hasn't come off for many weeks. You are doing beautiful work with your equipment! Enjoy!

GabrielPhoto

TalkEmount Top Veteran
The Sigma 135mm is a jaw dropping lens. Part of my portraiture kit alongside the Canon 35mm 1.4 L ii, 85mm 1.4 GM and EF 300mm 2.8 non is.
With the A7R2 I personally prefer the Metabones over the MC-11 because I can use continous Eye AF across the frame or change to green mode for fastest AF. With the A7R3 though the Metabones is pretty much THE way to go because it uses PDAF (under green mode) for Eye AF so it behaves very close to a native lens.

Bill

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Bill
Another Keeley with the 135. (The red hair pulled into gamut.)

SamSS

TalkEmount Veteran
First thing came to mind was the Siamese fighting fish, LOL.
f1.8

f2

f1.8

f1.8, 1/8000s, ISO-64 --- Life's a beach....for these 10 guys and gals.

f1.8

Last edited:

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will

mattia

TalkEmount Veteran
I really hope they release a native E-mount version of this lens; I do miss my Canon 135L, and these images look fantastic. But I'm still a bit wary about the bulk and need for an adapter.

Wonderful stuff!

SamSS

TalkEmount Veteran
Notice from the 3rd picture's extreme top and bottom corners. Sharpness from the tree barbs is rediculous for 1.8
I can shoot wide open without hesitance and not worry about CA.

Mookalafalas

TalkEmount Regular
I actually have one of these, but its for sale in a local shop (on commission). It's a fantastic lens, but so big and heavy. Lugging it around is actually one of the main reasons I sold my Canon gear and switched to Sony! However, if it doesn't sell at the price it is listed at now, I'll probably pull it out and try it again rather than reducing the price further. Maybe using it on an A7m3 will reawaken the love I initially had for it...

Latest posts

Top Bottom