1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Shutter release for NEX F3?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Synomis192, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Synomis192

Synomis192 TalkEmount Regular

May 26, 2013
    Im kicking myself in the butt for not realizing that the NEX F3 does not have a wired/wireless shutter release. I do a lot of landscape work but sometimes I like to venture into long exposure night photography. BULB is sometimes require for the proper exposure but I cant do those shots since I cant fire the shutter remotely.

Anyone have an alternative? I'm thinking of building some sort of cable release adapter that I can place over the shutter. I think I saw one somewhere on DPReviews that had the same concept except it was attached to a hot shoe mount.

I have to get the materials first and start designing..... anyone have a shutter release cable from their old film camera they'd like to lend me? Haha I'll just find one at the camera shop near my college.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TalkEmount mobile app

2. Gandalf

Gandalf TalkEmount Regular

Sep 5, 2013
  3. Synomis192

Synomis192 TalkEmount Regular

May 26, 2013
    That's a really good idea, thanks for showing me!

Not looking to open up my camera to give it an electronic release haha. I did open my T1i to give it a stereo mic input but I don't think I'll be doing that again haha

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Always love the ingenious stuff people can come up with.

• Like Like x 1
  5. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    same here...