Shut Up and Drive

Andy Clement

TalkEmount Regular
I got third place with this image at my photography clubs meeting this past Saturday.

The judge was Andrew Michael Phillips and the theme was action/panning/motion (excellent presenter BTW).

I had a lot of fun shooting for this theme even though I waited till the last minute (this image is from Friday morning). Here is a timelapse of 500+ images I took while driving to and for work Friday:

I started shooting my morning drives this past Monday and shot a number of images (1100+) over the course of the week.

It wasn't really all that difficult. The hardest part was just being patient for the next morning so I can try different settings (ie longer shutter speeds: monday was auto shutter and auto iso, tuesday I set the shutter speed to 1 second auto iso, wed - 2 seconds, thursday - 4 seconds and finally friday 3.2 seconds). The Friday settings seem to work the best. Most of the images had jerky light streaks. I blame this on poor interstates and the stiff suspension of the CRV.

All images were triggered with a wireless trigger and the lens I used was an old Vivitar 28mm Canon FD mount. Camera was the Sony A7II.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Shut Up And Drive by Andy Clement, on Flickr

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom