Show what your camera bag looks like!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Poki, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Which equipment do you normally take with you? How does this all fit in your bag? Just show us with some pics!

I'll start with my small Lowepro-bag, which I got arguably cheap from Amazon.de (about 25€, I think). It's just as small as it can be to fit the NEX with kit lens (or equivalent sized 30mm/50mm lens), the Pancake and all accessories you want to take with you.

Camera Bag 1.

Camera Bag 2.

I carry a wireless remote in the left bag, the lens hood in the right one, a spare SD card in the upper part and lens/body cap and the flash in the bigger front part. I'm going to replace the kit lens with the 50mm one as soon as it's available and will add the Fujian 35mm f/1.7 when it arrives.

[Sorry for the image quality - iPhone ...]

2. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
    For general carrying of NEX3/kit zoom I use this case;

Camera Case Bag for Sony DSC HX100V HX1 NEX-5 NEX-3 TOP | eBay

It was VERY inexpensive and has been excellent for the price. It's a little bigger than I hoped but still very small and can take the NEX3 with Canon 35-70mm FD zoom, or tele lens up to 135mm.

I removed the 'Sony' badge from the front. There is an internal pocket,...I put the lens cap in this when i put the camera in the case. Also a side pocket for extra SD cards etc. The closure is a toggle which requires two hands,..however, much quieter to extract camera than velcro.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    I use a Think Tank Retrospective 5 as my everyday bag. I find it really cleverly designed that it holds pretty much all my camera gear (sorry with the images, taken with my phone)
    Image1.
    -The NEX-5 and the CV Nokton 35mm 1.2 V2 (This is my everyday lens and never leaves the camera)
    -1 or 2 other lenses depending on what or where I'm shooting
    -A notepad and pen
    -A dust blower
    -Cleaning cloths
    -SD case
    -Filter case
    -Flash (I dont know why I bother carrying this as I have never used it)
    -Charger and spare battery
    -Card reader
    -Cleaning brush
    -Cleaning solution

Here is what it looks like all set and ready to go
    DSC02997.

I keep all my other gear in my Lowepro Classified. But if I am going out of town or if I am expecting a big shoot and will require a variety of lenses as well as a monopod or a tripod then I use this set up and chuck all my gear in.
    Image2.

Here is what it looks like with the Tripod / Monopod attached ready to rock and roll ;)
    Image3.

4. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    I've not checked to see if there's already a thread like this so apologies if there is. I thought it might be useful to show what we use to carry our kit, handy if your needing a new bag but not sure what to get.
    I'll kick off......
    I have 3 bags I use mostly, a Crumpler Light Delight 4000, and 2 Manfrotto "Gear Backpacks" small and medium.

The Crumpler I use for my A6000, 10-18, 16-50 and 70-300 kit. It's very compact, easy to carry and access. The pocket in the front easily holds spare batteries, a couple of filters, cleaning cloths, blower brush and spare cards.

The small Manfrotto Gear Backpack I use to take my A7R2, 10-18 (or CV12), 24-70 and 70-300 all with hoods attached. The inside pocket holds a couple of filters and adaptor rings, the outer pocket easily holds spare batteries, filters, cleaning cloths, blower brush and spare cards and even the A6000 body. A Manfrotto Be-Free tripod can be attached to the side too.
    The bag is really small and compact and without the tripod is really lightweight and unobtrusive. It's a backpack so has to be removed to access the equipment. About £30, very good quality.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

The medium Manfrotto Gear Backpack I use to carry my entire kit. A7R2, 10-18, 28, 55, 16-35, 24-70, 70-300 and the A6000 + kit lens in the front pocket.
    A Be-free tripod can be attached to the side, the inside pocket holds 4 filters plus adaptor rings etc and the outer pocket easily holds spare batteries, filters, cleaning cloths, blower brush and spare cards and even the A6000 with kit lens, the CV12 can also fit in too. There's a small pocket too on the front for a phone or small items.
    The bag is reasonably small and compact and isn't too heavy. It's a backpack so has to be removed to access the equipment. About £35, very good quality.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

• Like Like x 2
  5. izTheViz

izTheViz TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    Nice set of lenses ! Wish I had them all ;)

6. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Merged these two threads.

• Like Like x 1