• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Show what your adapted lens looks like on your Sony E-mount camera

Tony1939

TalkEmount Rookie
Real Name
Tony Warren
Hi and welcome! Not too many people have that A3000 I guess. Those Micro-Nikkors are something else; the only Nikkor I still have is the Micro-Nikkor 3.5/55.
Hi Ad - my Micro Nikkor is the same as yours and apart from the occasional flare problem is one of the best of its day I believe. It certainly gets as much use as any of my lenses and is used extensively to digitise film negatives on my copy set-up.
The A3000 was possibly something of a market testing excercise or maybe just to use up some spare parts. I like the option of an SLR style of shooting as well as the rear screen approach.

Tony1939

TalkEmount Rookie
Real Name
Tony Warren
I don't think my latest adaptation would be described as sweet I'm afraid but I will throw it in for curiosity's sake.

I recently completed an adapter back for my 5x4 to take my A3000 and used it to make some images with a 1903ish Robinson rapid rectilinear lens.

Using the rise and fall, and cross movemnts of the camera I stitched multiple frames to obtain a large file. The still life example here is made with 9 images stitched together in Affinity Photo, first in threes and the resulting three for the final image. It gave an original file of 46Mb which would print as a 20x24 at 300dpi. An f32 Waterhouse stop was used.

The second example I did with 15 frames, again at f32, stitching 5 frames vertically and then the resulting three horizontally. This one came out at 108Mp.

A pretty laborious process but quite satisfying to see how well such old glass can still perform.

Attachments

• rob200_f10.JPG
    rob200_f10.JPG
    421.3 KB · Views: 387
  • digiback01.jpg
    digiback01.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 411
  • digiback02.jpg
    digiback02.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 397
  • digiback03.jpg
    digiback03.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 387
  • robp1f32_46mp.jpg
    robp1f32_46mp.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 401
  • robp5f32_108mp.jpg
    robp5f32_108mp.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 400

michelb

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Michel Brien
A6509797.JPG
ILCE-6500    E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS    32mm    f/8.0    1/320s    ISO 400
Minolta MC ZOOM ROKKOR-X 100-500mm F8 on Sony A7r

Result at 500mm at F11
DSC08927.JPG
ILCE-7R       0mm    f/1.0    1/4000s    ISO 1600

Tony1939

TalkEmount Rookie
Real Name
Tony Warren
Another of my legacy lenses I use on my e-mount A3000. This is a Hanimex 300mm f5.5 long focus lens, long being the operative word. No fancy telephoto/internal focus design this one. Closest focus 25 feet. Pretty sharp and contrasty with so little glass involved.
IMG_0488.jpg
Apple    iPhone 7 back camera 3.99mm f/1.8    4mm    f/1.8    1/7s    ISO 100
IMG_0492.jpg
Apple    iPhone 7 back camera 3.99mm f/1.8    4mm    f/1.8    1/8s    ISO 80
300mm.jpg
ILCE-3000    ----    0mm    f/1.0    1/640s    ISO 400

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Ovidiu
Just got my new M42 to Sony E adapter from K&F Concept and I am so excited to play with them:

20210922_121839.jpg
SM-G781B    ---            

I love the orange ring, it fits perfectly with the mount orange ring.

20210922_121850.jpg
SM-G781B    ---            

Helios-44M 58mm f 2 in a quite good condition (I assume it was cleaned by the seller but the marks around the two holes in the front ring, probably from a lens opener tool).

20210922_121921.jpg
SM-G781B    ---            

The adapter is quite heavy and chunky, feels solid. I had to spin the M42 inside the mounting ring because the lens markings were upside down out of the box, I marked with a marker a small dot at the bottom of the adapter, unscrewed 4 tiny hex screws (size 1.3), and just spin the inner threading about 135 degrees (or from the bottom side, clockwise, up to the top left screw-hole) and now the markings are perfectly in the top middle of the adapter. One should take great care with these tiny screws though because they feel flimsy when screwing, which makes me think the screw-head can be easily overtightened and destroyed. The weight of the adapter makes the lenses feel a bit front-heavy compared to Viltrox Nikon F to Sony E mount with Nikon E Series 50mm f 1.8 lens mounted (the camera seems to be "inclined" to tilt forward just sitting on the desk).

20210922_121931.jpg
SM-G781B    ---            

Yashica Auto Yashidon-DX 50mm f 1.4

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I think any lens would make the camera feel front heavy when compared to a Series E 50mm being on it. They weigh nothing, kind of like a humming bird.
Great to see this old thread revived. I may have to get some of my old stuff out and try it out on some of my cameras.

edit: I like the wood grip. More info please?

• Agree
Reactions: WNG

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Ovidiu
I think any lens would make the camera feel front heavy when compared to a Series E 50mm being on it. They weigh nothing, kind of like a humming bird.
Great to see this old thread revived. I may have to get some of my old stuff out and try it out on some of my cameras.

edit: I like the wood grip. More info please?
Sure, I can make its own thread on it since it's a bit of discussion about it. I will be making a lot of threads on legacy glass because I LOVE using them and the output they can render ... if I could afford it I would buy and make the largest with use and reviews legacy glass database and probably a YouTube channel too.

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
Just got my new M42 to Sony E adapter from K&F Concept and I am so excited to play with them:

View attachment 116891
I love the orange ring, it fits perfectly with the mount orange ring.

View attachment 116892
Helios-44M 58mm f 2 in a quite good condition (I assume it was cleaned by the seller but the marks around the two holes in the front ring, probably from a lens opener tool).

View attachment 116893
The adapter is quite heavy and chunky, feels solid. I had to spin the M42 inside the mounting ring because the lens markings were upside down out of the box, I marked with a marker a small dot at the bottom of the adapter, unscrewed 4 tiny hex screws (size 1.3), and just spin the inner threading about 135 degrees (or from the bottom side, clockwise, up to the top left screw-hole) and now the markings are perfectly in the top middle of the adapter. One should take great care with these tiny screws though because they feel flimsy when screwing, which makes me think the screw-head can be easily overtightened and destroyed. The weight of the adapter makes the lenses feel a bit front-heavy compared to Viltrox Nikon F to Sony E mount with Nikon E Series 50mm f 1.8 lens mounted (the camera seems to be "inclined" to tilt forward just sitting on the desk).

View attachment 116894
Yashica Auto Yashidon-DX 50mm f 1.4

Very nice setup with an A7C! That's the one lens (Helios 44) that has eluded me. I was quite obsessed with collecting and trying vintage manual lenses early on with my Sonys.
But wasn't successful in finding a good copy at a reasonable price of this swirlie bokeh beast. Maybe one day. Although prices for manual lenses have jumped a lot.

The Yashinon DX 50 f/1.4 is a very nice acquisition. I assume you know it's radioactive. And practicing diligence in storing it after use. Don't leave it on the camera body. The alpha decay isn't an issue, but the beta and gamma emission are. Bad for the sensor long term, and bad for the operator. :p I keep my stash of radioactive lenses in a metal case, at the other end of the house.
Feel free to check out my collection of manual focus lenses on flickr. Link in my .sig below.

Last edited:

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Ovidiu
Very nice setup with an A7C! That's the one lens (Helios 44) that has eluded me. I was quite obsessed with collecting and trying vintage manual lenses early on with my Sonys.
But wasn't successful in finding a good copy at a reason price of this swirlie bokeh beast. Maybe one day. Although prices for manual lenses have jumped a lot.

The Yashinon DX 50 f/1.4 is a very nice acquisition. I assume you know it's radioactive. And practicing diligence in storing it after use. Don't leave it on the camera body. The alpha decay isn't an issue, but the beta and gamma emission are. Bad for the sensor long term, and bad for the operator. :p I keep my stash of radioactive lenses in a metal case, at the other end of the house.
Feel free to check out my collection of manual focus lenses on flickr. Link in my .sig below.
Thank you, I think I got lucky with this one because I did a bid at the end as it was not bidded at all, and did not expect it to win until I checked my emails. At that low price I did not expect it to be in a good condition either but when it arrived it was very clean with no fungus, very little dust, and a few thin scratches here and there. I was not lucky last time I tried to get a swirly bokeh lens, the Fujica 55mm f 2.2 M42 mount lens, I paid 25 £ and it was full of fungus and I had to throw it away.

I guessed it's a radioactive front element because of the yellow reflections on the front element, but I am not that worried about radiation leaking out as others are, I got more radiation for lunch on my flight to visit my mom last year at over 10.000 feet above sea level ... and my brand new tentacles are quite useful too :p

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
As per a request, here is my ZM-5A MC 500mm f/8 Russian Maksutov-mirror lens on my A7II.

Attachments

• _DSC6831.jpg
    _DSC6831.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 25
  • _DSC6832.jpg
    _DSC6832.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 29
  • _DSC6833.jpg
    _DSC6833.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 29
  • _DSC6836.jpg
    _DSC6836.jpg