Show what your adapted lens looks like on your Sony E-mount camera

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
The auto captions are based on EXIF data embedded in the image by the device that captured it.

Also just so you know, you can click on the Edit link on your post if you want to change your own post.

If you do want to post images from non-emount cameras/phones, believe it or not we have a whole forum for it. :)
https://www.talkemount.com/forums/other-systems.31/

Have just joined this illustrious band so here is my basic e-mount kit and some results.

I use a Zhongyi Lens Turbo as standard to give me full frame coverage, especially with wides.

The oldest lens is a pre-Ai Micro Nikkor, followed by a Tamron Adaptall 17mm, the later version without the built in filters, and the most recent is a Tamron 28-200 zoom, which is a great walk-around lens. I also have a pre-set 300mm Hanimex which is suprisingly sharp if you are careful.

The images show the various combinations, except the 300, and results from each.View attachment 110240View attachment 110241View attachment 110242View attachment 110244View attachment 110245View attachment 110246View attachment 110247
Hi and welcome! Not too many people have that A3000 I guess. Those Micro-Nikkors are something else; the only Nikkor I still have is the Micro-Nikkor 3.5/55.

Tony1939

New to TalkEmount
Real Name
Tony Warren
The auto captions are based on EXIF data embedded in the image by the device that captured it.

Also just so you know, you can click on the Edit link on your post if you want to change your own post.

If you do want to post images from non-emount cameras/phones, believe it or not we have a whole forum for it. :)
https://www.talkemount.com/forums/other-systems.31/
Thanks for that - I will bear that in mind. The iPhone camera is pretty good but is very much a back-up. Must have used it when I didn't have my regular one with me.

Tony1939

New to TalkEmount
Real Name
Tony Warren
Hi and welcome! Not too many people have that A3000 I guess. Those Micro-Nikkors are something else; the only Nikkor I still have is the Micro-Nikkor 3.5/55.
Hi Ad - my Micro Nikkor is the same as yours and apart from the occasional flare problem is one of the best of its day I believe. It certainly gets as much use as any of my lenses and is used extensively to digitise film negatives on my copy set-up.
The A3000 was possibly something of a market testing excercise or maybe just to use up some spare parts. I like the option of an SLR style of shooting as well as the rear screen approach.

Tony1939

New to TalkEmount
Real Name
Tony Warren
I don't think my latest adaptation would be described as sweet I'm afraid but I will throw it in for curiosity's sake.

I recently completed an adapter back for my 5x4 to take my A3000 and used it to make some images with a 1903ish Robinson rapid rectilinear lens.

Using the rise and fall, and cross movemnts of the camera I stitched multiple frames to obtain a large file. The still life example here is made with 9 images stitched together in Affinity Photo, first in threes and the resulting three for the final image. It gave an original file of 46Mb which would print as a 20x24 at 300dpi. An f32 Waterhouse stop was used.

The second example I did with 15 frames, again at f32, stitching 5 frames vertically and then the resulting three horizontally. This one came out at 108Mp.

A pretty laborious process but quite satisfying to see how well such old glass can still perform.

Attachments

michelb

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Michel Brien
Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.
Minolta MC ZOOM ROKKOR-X 100-500mm F8 on Sony A7r

Result at 500mm at F11
Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

Latest posts

Top Bottom