Show what your adapted lens looks like on your Sony E-mount camera

Tipton

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Rae Leggett
I think it'd be cool if you could take a picture of the mount end of the lens with it naked so we could see what it looks like. I've never seen a Fuji mount myself.
Per request:
Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

Tipton

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Rae Leggett
Minolta MC Rokkor-PG 58mm f1.2:

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
One thing taking these pictures has given me a new appreciation of is how super light weight the Sony lenses are when I go to change them out. Light as a feather compared to some of these old lenses.

One thing taking these pictures has given me a new appreciation of is how super light weight the Sony lenses are when I go to change them out. Light as a feather compared to some of these old lenses.
Some Sony lenses, yes, like the FE 1.8/50 and even the FE 4/24-70. But once you get in GM territory... My average adapter weighs 110 g, which is quite a lot compared to the lighter Sony lenses, so every adapted lens starts at a disadvantage.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Nikon Micro-Nikkor 55mm 2.8

I'd be remiss if I didn't include this one. My all time favorite used lens I think. Absolute mint condition off the Goodwill site.

Nikon Micro-Nikkor 55mm 2.8
View attachment 109701
I'd be remiss if I didn't include this one. My all time favorite used lens I think. Absolute mint condition off the Goodwill site.
Very nice lens indeed, although infamous for acquiring oil on the diaphragm leaves. I had mine cleaned twice and when the oil came back for the third time, I sold it off, oil and all, fed up with it despite the gorgeous pictures it was able to produce. Now these oily aperture blades would be less of a problem as long as the aperture closes to the set value at some point in time, back in the day the photo would get overexposed.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Very nice lens indeed, although infamous for acquiring oil on the diaphragm leaves. I had mine cleaned twice and when the oil came back for the third time, I sold it off, oil and all, fed up with it despite the gorgeous pictures it was able to produce. Now these oily aperture blades would be less of a problem as long as the aperture closes to the set value at some point in time, back in the day the photo would get overexposed.
Interesting. Mine doesn't have any oil on the blades. Even if it did, I don't think it would matter since I stop it down to the desired aperture before taking the picture. An advantage of using it on a Sony I guess.

Bought this one to hold me over during the switch from the Voigtländer FE 1.2/40 to Zeiss Batis 2/40. Wasn't necessary after all, but that's another story :).

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
The other problem with these is the double helicoid seizes up from the grease like the one I bought. GRRRR! I've never been able to enjoy this one. Have to learn how to dismantle it for a cleaning.

Tipton

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Rae Leggett

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Sears Auto 135mm f/2.8 M-42 mount lens on my A6600. Adapted with Kipon M-42 to NEX (E-Mount) focal reducer resulting in an equivalent 135mm f/2.0 lens...
Note: the Focal Reducer eliminates the need to consider the 1.5x crop factor and provides an effective one stop advantage in aperture.
A6600 with Sears Auto 135mm f2.8 Lens and Kiron Focal Reducer.jpg

This lens has a built-in sliding lens hood...
A6600 with Sears Auto f2.8 kens and KIRON Focal Reducer.jpg

I have an ARCA Compatible L-Bracket and a Hand strap mounted on this rig.
BTW: I paid $12.00 USD for this lens second hand from Goodwill. It focuses quite nicely in manual mode using the Sony focus peaking system.
The quality of the image with this combination is really quite decent. This was shot with the A6600, 135mm Sears Auto f/2.8 lens adapted wit the Kipon focal reducer...
Kiron focal reducer image_2151.jpg

Last edited:

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Carl Zeiss Triotar on A6600 adapted with Fotasy Exak
ta - A7iii adapter.

This is really an old and old looking lens.

The Carl Zeiss Jena Triotar 135mm f/4 was manufactured in the 1950s by Carl Zeiss Jena. This makes my lens 60-70 years old. This is the early "slim model" Triotar for which I paid $30 USD...

Carl Zeiss Triotar on Sony A6600_2188.jpg
Carl Zeiss Triotar on Sony A6600_2191.jpg

Carl Zeiss Triotar on Sony A6600_2195.jpg

It is a very long lens but, due to the few optical elements it is quite light weight at only 275 Grams.
Carl Zeiss Triotar on Sony A6600_2197.jpg

The Red "T: designates a coated lens which is extra quality...
Carl Zeiss Triotar on Sony A6600_2199.jpg

My lens is with an Exakta Mount which uses this lever to release the lens.

The lens produces a lovely rendition...
TRIOTAR TEST - 20181124_8025.jpg
TRIOTAR TEST - 20181124_8029.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom