• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Show us your stitched panoramas

izTheViz

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Yannis Marigo
Thanks guys. This place is absolutely fantastic for photographers and panos...!

Jefenator

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Jeff
Telephoto

I've been aware for a while now how getting a nice composition [that transcends the novelty of capturing a crazy wide sweep] can be awkward and challenging. Lens selection (or zoom setting) has a big impact. I usually use 50mm on full-frame, sometimes 35mm, rarely wider. Now I have some captures with a longer lens, a 105mm. For those situations where there's a mountain range in the distance, sometimes its good to zoom in.

The original stitched TIFF of this image is about 75MB. I shot the individual frames hand-held, using the electronic level to assist. (A tripod with a properly leveled panning base is more ideal but I get surprisingly good results this way. Just keep things as level as you can & make sure there's ample overlap between frames. Photoshop does a great job stitching - I'll never go back to the old in-camera deal...)

14216970298_b765f06277_h.jpg
   ---            

Cascade Lakes Mountains
by Jeff Addicott, on Flickr

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
I usually use 50mm on full-frame, sometimes 35mm, rarely wider.
I've read advice along those lines before, Jeff. But for some reason I tend to gravitate toward wider lenses, held in portrait orientation. If the sky and clouds are interesting, doing that sometimes makes for a more pleasing composition. But I figure there's a good reason for the narrower lens advice. Does it help in matching the edges of each frame, or is there some other reason for that preference?

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
a7ii28mm.jpg
   ---            

was running a bit late for work but had to go upstairs and shoot some pics of the sunrise. Done quickly. handheld. (and forgot to switch steadyshot from 40mm to 28mm, derp) still pleased with results given circumstances.

José De Bardi

Assistant in Virtue
Real Name
José
So I just turned my monitor at work to portrait (as I do a lot of stuff that involves scrolling up and down - for something that started as a joke it works really well actually!) - however needless to say this thread has lost some of it's impact!
View media item 946

jai

TalkEmount Top Veteran
If anyone doesn't know about this software, I'd highly recommend it and it's free: http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/brown/autostitch/autostitch.html

I just tried this out, works great. First attempt was trying to get the Chrysler building in the same shot as the Empire State Building:

16963713741_7b21c9612c_h.jpg
   ---            
pano3.jpg
by Jai Sbr, on Flickr

HabsFan

TalkEmount Veteran
Does indoor count? Used the lowly 16mm 2.8 pancake for this one.

Bell Pano3.jpg
   ---            

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
Three-shot horizontal with the SEL1018 on the A6000

Rock Rimmon.jpg
   ---            

WestOkid

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Gary
A7R + 16-35Z. You can tell this was seriously early as the moon is still present. I don't remember how many shots. :(
20160601-DSC00544-Pano-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
   ---            

Latest threads

Top Bottom