• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Show Photos with high ISO

Pete

TalkEmount Rookie
I am really getting close to picking one of these nex things up. One of my main concerns is using
high iso settings at night, mainly at band concerts in a dingie, dimmly, grungie setting (my kid
is in a metal band and I go to shoot them from time to time).

Would be cool if I could see the nex in action and even what iso you had. Thanks again peeps.
Cheers all,
Pete

JJJPhoto

TalkEmount Regular
This shot was taken in VERY low light -- lit only with the flashlight my son was holding and the tiniest amount of incandescent light coming from the next room. I took this at ISO 1600, pushed it one stop (making it equivalent of ISO 3200), converted to B&W and then added contrast (which increased the visibility of noise/grain in the image).

i-6dM338M-XL.jpg
NEX-3    E 16mm F2.8    16mm    f/2.8    1/50s    ISO 1600

Pete

TalkEmount Rookie
superb JJ, this is a keeper. Thanks for sharing
Pete

C Wadsworth

TalkEmount Regular
I am really getting close to picking one of these nex things up. One of my main concerns is using
high iso settings at night, mainly at band concerts in a dingie, dimmly, grungie setting (my kid
is in a metal band and I go to shoot them from time to time).

Would be cool if I could see the nex in action and even what iso you had. Thanks again peeps.
Cheers all,
Pete

Pete,
I am getting ready to shoot the Austin City Limits Festival this weekend and I am leaving my big Canon rig at home and shooting exclusively with the NEX and adapted lenses. Am sure I will get plenty of funny looks and snickers of "lifter" in the photo pit but I have no doubt that the NEX will do well. Will post photos here next week.

For those wondering, "lifter" is someone who "lifts" a point and shoot in the photo pit to the annoyance of all the Canikon "pros" behind him/her. As a Canikon pro myself, I get a kick out of shooting my X100 and NEX in the pit and for a 3 day festival in near 100 degree heat, I'm looking forward to a comparatively light gear bag.

olli

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
olli
Pete I have a gallery with a few shots taken in a jazz club in Prague at 6400ISO. You'll find them here.

Pete

TalkEmount Rookie
thanks guys, olli the jazz shots are great. i may even tryout 500px. thanks all.

anonsailor

taken at 6400 ISO...

DSC0127-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

C Wadsworth

TalkEmount Regular
2/3 through ACL weekend. Just shot Stevie Wonder with the Minolta M-Mount 90mm @ f4 1600 and 3200 ISO. Looking forward to sharing the photos. I think y'all are going to be pretty excited about what the 5N can do.

Bugleone

TalkEmount Veteran
Evening shot on NEX 3 @ 1600iso...

DSC001411.jpg
NEX-3    ---    18mm    f/8.0    1/500s    ISO 1600

Penny

TalkEmount Regular
I have tried three times to upload from flickr two different pics, I am unable to preview before posting...I'm using the same method that I have always used what am I doing wrong?

Pete

TalkEmount Rookie
Thanks penny... Great shooting and really show the capabilities this camera has.
Pete

Penny

TalkEmount Regular
I've never been 'one' for using high ISO on any camera but I don't like Flash it 'drains' the colour unless set up correctly.
Am pleased with these first efforts with this camera at high ISO..hopefully more to come.

robertmwilliams

TalkEmount Regular
Here is one I snapped for no real reason at ISO1600 f/3.5 with a Micro-Nikkor-P 55mm macro.
Peaking worked great with this manual focus lens, even in this dim lighting.
It was actually darker than this photos makes it seem. Love the low light abilities of the NEX-5n

6202608062_7e940d52f4_z.jpg
   ----            

Dixie - 1 - NEX-5N - Micro-Nikkor-P Auto 55mm f 3.5 by Robert M. Williams, on Flickr

Latest threads

Top Bottom