Should we have a "Thanks" button here?

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Those of you who are familiar with other forums I've started know all about the "Thanks" button. Do you like it? Should we have one here?

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter TalkEmount Regular

Aug 7, 2011
    Philadelphia, Pa
    No, it's not needed. I hate it at the other place...

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    If you feel that way, maybe we should talk to BB and the members about getting rid of it at S.C. I like it, but I'm not married to it.

4. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    I like the "Thanks" button. Makes it very friendly, and I think it supports people to think positively about other's posts, less confrontational.

One thing I like both at SC and mu-43, is that when I got to the top page, I can see the newest posts along the right site. Any chance to have that here?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Travisennis

Travisennis TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Jasper, Indiana
    I made an effort to use it on the other sites, but it never became a habit. I do think it is an easy way to acknowledge someone else's post even if you don't really have anything to add to the discussion. In that way, I guess it is useful.

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    The add-on software which allows us to show the newest posts in the right column hasn't yet been updated to work with this latest version of the forum software. As soon as that happens, I will add it!

7. Armanius

Armanius TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    Houston Texas USA
    I like the "thanks" button. It's a good indicator to whomever posted a message that his/her message was actually read by someone, and that the someone appreciates the message even if the someone did not reply. Please add "thanks" button!

8. Penny

Penny TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    Liverpool
    I agree a thanks button as on Serious Compacts is both helpful and courteous.

9. BBW

BBW New to TalkEmount

Aug 14, 2011
    I like it too, for all the reasons that have been stated. My feeling is that if you don't like it don't use it. Whereas if you don't have one...

10. heatherthevet

heatherthevet TalkEmount Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    I like it.

11. Ross

Ross TalkEmount Regular

Aug 22, 2011
    Maybe a rating of stars for each post?

12. Orange

Orange TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 4, 2013
    England
    It's not Orange!
    I like it, thanks!

13. Derichuk

Derichuk TalkEmount Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Deric
    Yah I like it too.

14. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    You can always thank the person in the thread,I think this is a better option than pressing a convenience button.

15. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Interesting that people care about this. It's like a feature in a camera you don't need. Just don't use it, no need to remove it. For me I think it's good if someone compliments a photo with a post, you can thank that person without making a thread needlessly long. It's especially useful if you are mobile with a phone or tablet where typing is not always convenient.

16. Orange

Orange TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 4, 2013
    England
    It's not Orange!
    I agree, no harm in it being there.

17. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    +1

The only thing that would be a good thing would be to make the Thanks posts under the posting smaller, but I think that's not possible!?!?