1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Should I worry ?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Nievesgirl, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Nievesgirl

Nievesgirl TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 28, 2013
    SoCal
    I bought a used nex 6 on ebay and I finally got my adapter today, I got to use the Legacy glass I found and test out the camera. Everything seems to work find the camera looks mint but I noticed that when I looked through the viewfinder I see this distracting spot or scratch ? Its hard to see it clearly with out the viewfinder going off. you have to pull camera away to see it. I have no idea what it is. It does not effect the images at all. Its just a bit annoying that its there.

Should I be concern ?

PS I will try to get a picture of it with my 7D and macro lens but I not sure if I can :p

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Is there a spot on the face of the viewfinder?

3. Nievesgirl

Aug 28, 2013
    SoCal
    It looks like its a crack in the glass :/

4. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    If it is visible when using the EVF, then yes, it can be a hassle. If not, why worry? I don't consider a tiny scratch in the EVF glass a huge problem usually.

5. Nievesgirl

Aug 28, 2013
    SoCal
    Poki , yes I can see it when using EVF other wise images are good. I got it on eBay and seller didn't mention this claimed everything was mint etc...

How would a crack happen in VF glass ? Dropping it ? I'm not sure how thick the glass is. Are there two separate pieces of glass on the VF. It looks like the crack is inside the viewfinder not on the surface . I hope this makes senses

6. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Then I would do two things: First, write to the Sony support and ask them if this can be repaired. Second, write to the ebay seller and either ask for a rebate or, if you can't live with the scratch, a complete refund and send the camera back.

7. Fiddler

Fiddler TalkEmount Regular

Mar 8, 2012
    Edinburgh
    Colin
    I would return it for refund and find another.