Should I get an LA-EA2 Adapter?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Synomis192, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Synomis192

Synomis192 TalkEmount Regular

May 26, 2013
    I'm considering getting an LA-EA2 adapter for my NEX F3 because I have a few Minolta AF lenses I can use with it (Minolta 50mm f/1.7 and Minolta 24mm f/2.8) I was wondering if the performance of the LA-EA2 is decent seeing that it uses phase detection. I'm considering moving to Sony for FF once I'm ready to move. So I'd like to start collecting some Alpha Glass for the future. Is it a good investment and is the LA-EA2 performance good on the NEX system?

(I'm also considering getting a Viewfinder for the F3, basically turning it into an Alpha camera. I could probably save some money getting a Sony A57 or something but I like having the option of using a smaller body)
  2. tombran

tombran TalkEmount Regular

Jul 23, 2013
    Take a look at the conversation under adapted lenses about my experience with the LAEA2. It's at Sony repair in Laredo TX right now, we'll see what transpires. Had pblms with focusing at infinity. Be careful.
  3. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    I have been using the LA-EA2 on my NEX-6 frequently since I bought the NEX-6 early this year. My experience has been very satisfactory.

In my case, the purchase of the LA-EA2 was almost a no-brainer, as I have a number of Minolta AF lenses, plus the Sony SAL 35mm f:1.8. I have been shooting Minolta cameras since 1967, and then acquired a Sony A700 several years ago, so I have had a lot of time to build up an assortment of A-mount lenses.

- Tom -