• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Shots from Menorca

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Beautiful photos!! The first two shots of the rocks are my favourite too. Lovely colours and thoughtful composition, all of them :)

Electric Shepherd

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Ben

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
great photos mate, and the sunset is very good, very nice place,also the panoramic pics I like to.
This lens works very good, nice portrait

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Impressive images indeed!! Once you get that filtered light at golden hour it's just priceless. The picture of your wife is excellently rendered as well as well. Very nice series, Thank you very much for sharing.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Nice shots. The apparent sharpness of the Sigma lenses continues to impress me, particularly at their price point.

Ray Vardy

TalkEmount Regular
All, I'm struggling here, based on my existing kit, inexperience and lack of pocket money.. Are you able to help me choose my 1st lens purchase! I really like the photos I've seen here over the last few days with both the 19 & 30 sigma lens...

Hmmm indeed ;)

Electric Shepherd

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Ben
Surprise, surprise, I'd say go with the 30mm. The 19mm isn't quite wide enough to appeal to me over the kit lens, at a focal length where I'd typically be using narrowish apertures anyway. The 30mm on the other hand gets close to an equivalent classic 50mm would on full frame, ie a great general purpose lens. It's not hurt by being very sharp, even wide open in the centre, and has an appealing bokeh. Do you tend to shoot any subject in particular Ray? That may help us to give you some advice.

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
I used the 19mm most of the time I was on vacation, and I like taking scenic shots, so that has been nice. But there were a few times when I switched to the 30mm, or wished I had had time to switch to it. Either one can make a good walk around lens, but it really depends on what will most often be your subject matter. If people, go with the 30mm, the 19mm is too in your face for that. For the price point, I picked up both and haven't regretted it.

Ray Vardy

TalkEmount Regular
Surprise, surprise, I'd say go with the 30mm. The 19mm isn't quite wide enough to appeal to me over the kit lens, at a focal length where I'd typically be using narrowish apertures anyway. The 30mm on the other hand gets close to an equivalent classic 50mm would on full frame, ie a great general purpose lens. It's not hurt by being very sharp, even wide open in the centre, and has an appealing bokeh. Do you tend to shoot any subject in particular Ray? That may help us to give you some advice.

At the moment I'm not brave enough to get up close to the 'locals' they are like tigers & bears!
So for the moment it's mainly scenic as I am still fumbling my way through the controls of the camera and basics of shooting..

Ps. The photos I enjoy looking at most tend to include the tigers & bears.

Latest threads

Top Bottom