• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Shooting video with remote shutter

axle01

TalkEmount Regular
I just purchased a second hand Sony RX100v to be able to do slow motion video.

Can the RX100v be controlled in slomo video mode with a remote shutter, if so what is the best remote shutter I should look at purchasing.

I would prefer the wired type over the wifi type.

Al

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
I have not owned that camera, but slow motion is just a shooting mode or a setting in conjunction with the movie shooting mode, right? So all you need is to trip the shutter. And I believe you have a multi-function port as well, so there are lots of remotes that can do that, Sony even makes a couple. Personally I do not have a wired one, I have always just used the mobile app, so I have no particular recommendation. If you search for "sony rx100v wired remote" you should get some products to look at, though.

Sorry I am a little vague, but I thought this could get you pointed in the right direction. Hopefully someone with more direct experience can reply to this post at some point. 🙂

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I don't know for sure if my Sony remote would even work with your camera. It's a wire-less and works with both of my A7's and worked with my Nex-7 too if I recall correctly.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
The Sony remotes I am familiar with all use infrared, and the RX100v does not have an infrared receiver. At least, that is what I read when I googled a bit to try to help answer the question.

axle01

TalkEmount Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Appreciate the input guys.

Al

axle01

TalkEmount Regular
I ended up purchasing a wired SONY RM-VPR1 REMOTE ..........should have it in a week or so.

axle01

TalkEmount Regular
Congrats!
Be sure to let us know how it works out for you.
Yes I will for general knowledge, unfortunately I just got a email to say they are out of stock and it might be a while before they get it back in stock because of Covid 19,,,,,,,,,bummer,,,,,,hmmm what’s plan B then.

Al

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
There is a lot of merchandise in that predicament these days. Plan B... if you have wifi you might be able to use the mobile app in the meantime. Or if you are trying to avoid camera movement, maybe a timed shutter release (I image the camera has that)? Some ideas anyway.

axle01

TalkEmount Regular
I need 2 hands to do what I want to shoot in super slomo so a small remote will be easier to control rather than my iPad.

Al

Top Bottom