Shooting fish with NEX-7.

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by Hypocaffeinic, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Hypocaffeinic

Hypocaffeinic TalkEmount Regular

Jun 16, 2013
    Qld, Australia
    I've a hankering for a fisheye, but have read that CA on the NEX 7 is accentuated with the Rokinon 8mm f/2.8. I have read and seen wondrous things on its quality however and do love its small size & price tag, so am wondering if others here have found colour cast an issue with this lens on the 7? What fisheye do you prefer?

Whilst I'm here I cannot for the life of me work out the difference between the Rokinon / Samyang / Bower / enterbrandnamehere fisheye. They look and spec like the same lens so I assume there are, yet somehow there's often a significant price difference between these! Should I just pick whichever I find easiest to spell when uploading photos after a few beers? *hic* :drinks:
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Never shot the Rok8 on a NEX 7, but it works fine on my 5N. And UWA rangefinder lenses cause color shift on my 5N.

The only difference between the brands is the name and minor cosmetic differences. Cost differences are purely how the brand sees itself in the marketplace.