1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Sheboygan, WI

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Zanner, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Zanner

Zanner TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Wisconsin, USA
    Suzanne
    Took a walk with my family early Saturday morning to the riverfront. Our friend was showing his corvettes in a little car show going on there.

Being new to photography and my Nex6, I thought I would take it with and play with the different modes (I still have no idea what they do).

I am also very new to Lightroom, so I've gone a bit overboard with it I'm sure. But thought I would share anyhow! I'm having fun at least! :)

car show supra. kiddo. riverwalk. sailboat. sparkly lake michigan. sparkly sailboats. vettes. yacht.

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    A mis-west small town summers....ya' can't beat 'em! :cool:

3. guillecastro

guillecastro TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 9, 2013
    the pictures are nice, but the sensor has a bit of dust

4. Zanner

Aug 19, 2013
    Wisconsin, USA
    Suzanne
    No you can't! Miserable in winter, but you cannot beat a beautiful summer's day here. :)

I did see the dust on the sensor when I got home and loaded them into LR. What can I say, I'm a newbie and live in a house with two big dogs and a messy 6 yr old. Dust happens.. ;) I keep the lenses put away in their own sleeve and in my camera bag, but I think I am fighting an uphill battle.

5. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Yep, some nice shots. You can correct the dust spots easily in post. I'm sure LR6 has a special too for it, if not, just use a cloning brush.

6. Zanner

Aug 19, 2013
    Wisconsin, USA
    Suzanne
    Oh I did not know that. Thank you! I have only LR4 though. Not sure if that matters. I have Photoshop Elements 11 too.

7. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    I don't know Lightroom, but it sure always had a clone brush, probably even an automatic one where you don't have to click on the source. It may have a 'fix' brush or a dust removal tool, I don't know, but it sure has tools to remove such spots.

8. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Ya, a simple fix.

Only other comment is that the girl against the ocean is washed out, and needs more contrast.

9. bmg123

bmg123 TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    England, UK
    Use the spot correction tool in the develop tab of Lightroom, set it to heal mode and it does it pretty much automatically.

10. Zanner

Aug 19, 2013
    Wisconsin, USA
    Suzanne
    Thank you all for the advice/tips

11. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    I used LensPen to clean stubborn smears off the sensor with no negative impact on IQ.

12. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Yeah, but only works for very light dust. I guess my three and a half year old sensor is too much for a lens pen, and my local camera store wanted to charge me €180 for a sensor cleaning ...