Sharing my images with you and friends. How

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by alaios, Apr 1, 2013.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Dear all,
    I am using some time some manual lenses and I wanted to share these images with you and start the discussion.

The problem is that my current internet connection is over UMTS network and I have a very limited data volume. If I start sharing images of 2 to 3 MBs I will just deplete all my available volume.

I would like to ask you for a program that can allow me to easily select a bunch of my captured images (like holding ctrl button and selecting multiple files same with the internet explorer) select a size the images to be re sized, given jpeg quality and an output folder (so I do not overwrite the source files)

1. Is there a program that can do that or in a similar way?
    2. What would be an "okay" size and jpeg quality for sharing images in this forum and friends? What would be your choice?

I would like to thank you in advance for your help
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    Lightroom easily will do what you want to do. A good image size for posting here or sending via email would be somewhere in the 800-1024 pixel range on the longest edge, and with jpeg compression that's still visually acceptable, you should be able to get the file size down to ~200 kB, depending on the content of the image.
  3. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Thanks, any freeware that also pops into your mind that I can download even today?
  4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Ad Dieleman
    Picasa (free from Google) also has nice export functionality.
  5. Tabibito

Tabibito TalkEmount Regular

Apr 1, 2013
    You might also want to look into XnView, it's a free image viewer with batch processing capability (resize, convert, rotate, and many more).
  6. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Good info. Welcome to the forum. :)