• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Share your black and white photos

TedG954

Super Moderator
Real Name
Ted Gersdorf
I doubt that I'll ever be a good enough photographer! Although I could stick to my speciality and, if covid goes away, take pics at the annual Cleveland Thyagaraja Festival :whistling:

That is just astonishing. Wonderful!
Well, I've already missed it this year. Maybe next year.

TedG954

Super Moderator
Real Name
Ted Gersdorf
2020 Misc Cleveland ReDo HCIR   15a.jpg
   ---            

fractal

Super Moderator
Real Name
Chris
DSC00027-X3.jpg
ILCE-7RM2    FE 20mm F1.8 G    20mm    f/5.0    1/640s    ISO 1000

TedG954

Super Moderator
Real Name
Ted Gersdorf

Grand Canyon   32a.JPG
ILCE-7RM3    ---    55mm    f/9.0    1/125s    ISO 100

Grand Canyon   33a.JPG
ILCE-7RM3    ---    55mm    f/8.0    1/125s    ISO 100

Grand Canyon   34a.JPG
ILCE-7RM3    ---    55mm    f/4.5    1/250s    ISO 100

Grand Canyon   35a.JPG
ILCE-7RM3    ---    55mm    f/10.0    1/250s    ISO 100

Will Focus

TalkEmount Regular
inland seas sepia oecntrnr.JPG
ILCE-7RM2    150-600mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Sports 021    206mm    f/5.6    1/1000s    ISO 200

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Your photos almost always have this nice soft texture to them that I really enjoy. Very nice.
I imagine getting an invitation to a formal event at Christina's home.

It says, Dress code: Pastels, soft focus, a touch of flare.

:thumbup:

PS. I sometimes wish I knew how she does it. I guess it just a superb understanding of light.

Last edited:

Clix Pix

TalkEmount Veteran
8 miles from the Tysons (Virginia) Apple Store
What I especially appreciate about Christina's photos is that they are always spot-on with just the right amount of focus in exactly the right place, a blessing of and kiss of light, usually something else that captures the eye and attention as well -- without being gimmicky or using effects obviously created mainly in a software editing program. I've seen images where people try to get the kind of beautiful images Christina shares with us here, and they do it more-or-less only by jumping through a bunch of hoops in post-processing because they've used some sort of cheap gimmicky lens and often additional gimmicky accessories in the first place instead of buying and using genuinely quality lenses and just learning straightaway what to do with those lenses in order to get the most from them. :)

Also, Christina's images almost always have that magical appeal that makes an image great: they present a story and they tap into the viewer's emotions, evoking a response....and that is such an important piece of this whole photography thing, isn't it?

Latest threads

Top Bottom