Sensor cleaning...

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
My pictures taken at the beach today told me I had a dirty sensor. Actually looked as though it had been dragged thru the mud.
I've spent the better part of the last hour chasing dirt clods inside my camera.
I know when I'm too tired to do any good so I think I'll give it a rest until tomorrow.
It's gone from bad to fairly good to worse than before I started and back to almost acceptable.
It's almost time for the All Star game to start so I think I'll put it away before I start throwing things.
Thanks for listening.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
The worst is when you get some really sticky stuff on there and it takes a concerted effort to remove. I think there is a mode to lock the IBIS in place to go in there with a swab.
I've had good luck DIY-ing, so it's possible.
Afterwards, always have a blower handy when swapping lenses.
If you still have a blotch in your photo, you can easily remove it with Faststone Image Viewer 6.1 for Windows. The clone and heal tool is easy to use and a miracle. I once removed a gardener and a bag of fertilizer from an old photo taken in Italy. :D

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
I believe "cleaning mode" is what locks the IBIS mechanism.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom