• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Sending Videos?????

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount All-Pro
O.K. I can shoot video and I can edit video but once I have the video edited, how do I transmit it to someone else. I am familiar with YouTube but some videos are not for the general public. I did a 4.5 minute home inventory video for my daughter and ended up giving it to her on a flash drive. Is there anyway to send a video of this length (it was not even 4K - simply 1080P)

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
You can make YouTube videos private, then share them to other YouTube users (so they'll need a YouTube login). I found this explanatory article on the subject.
https://classroom.synonym.com/make-youtube-video-only-certain-people-can-see-20257.html

Alternatively, size will probably be the issue. Most email can handle 25M, sometimes more. I don't know how big Facebook will go. There are other video sites, though I do not know how many have equivalent Private options. And things like OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. can often generate private links - not good for absolutely confidential stuff as your recipient could pass the link on.

Hope that helps.

• Agree
Reactions: WNG

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Top Veteran
What is the size of the file? Do you have fast internet and do they?

For someone that you are physically in touch with, that thumb drive, or even a potable HDD, for larger projects, is a brilliant way to share data.

I basically, don't do video, but I do keep the camera set on MP4/1080 in case my wife says, "Video that!" I can't cope with the huge files and complexity of video.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Most emails can accept an attachment as Bob mentioned. If the size of the video is too large, you can 'ZIP' the video into sectioned zip files that can later be downloaded and the multiple zip files unzip back to a single video file.

You can also upload a video to flickr, which has privacy settings for uploads (ie. public, friends, family, or private). An access link to private uploads can be emailed to people to view such files on flickr. And they don't require a flickr account. I don't know if there is a time limit on videos though.

If emailed attachment privacy is a concern, you can add a password to zip files. Or encrypt the attached files with a 3rd party app (ie. EncryptOnClick) and give the password to your daughter.
This also applies to uploads to online cloud storage (ie. OneDrive, Google Drive, Amazon Prime, DropBox, MEGA, etc.) I think Google Drive can be privatize for selective downloading.

Latest threads

Top Bottom