1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Selling SEL55210 and legacy to get LA-EA2 and a 80-200 2.8 lens. Good idea?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by shaolin95, Nov 13, 2013.

1. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Hi all!

So while I would like the A7R, at this point on time, I don't think I can afford it and I also I rather wait a little to see how things play out.

In any case, since I am doing a bit more hockey than expected, I have been thinking on getting the LA-EA2 with a 80-200 2.8 lens that is not crazy expensive...looks like around $700 new but I will hunt for used ones.
    For that I would be selling my SEL55210, Hexanon 200mm 3.5, Rokkor X MD 135mm 2.8 and even possibly the Rokkor 300mm 4.5

Do you guys see anything wrong with my idea?

I know the adapter makes the NEX bigger BUT since I have been using prime lenses for low light to get the extra speed I dont have with the SEL55210, then the adapter is not an issue.
    Maybe I will keep the SEL55210 for Zoo and other no low light situations if the size difference is that big but I rather sell it and offset the price.

I prefer to keep ONE single camera since my GF also shoots NEX so its simpler to carry one bag and exchange lenses so adding an Alpha or other is not on my list of choices at least at the time.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Regards!

2. HabsFan

HabsFan TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    Ontario, CAN
    I think sigma has a 70-200 version with stabilization for AF mount. I'd probably go for that if you can afford it

• Like Like x 1
  3. storyteller

storyteller TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2011
    I would also add that the LAE4 is probably a better choice if you think there's even of chance of moving to an FE camera like the A7r. The LAE4 will work with the APS-C E-Mount cameras (can we just call it E-mount vs FE-mount? not sure) but the LAE2 will only work in crop mode on the A7&A7r

4. shaolin95

Jul 3, 2013
    Ah good point about the LAE4 since the A7R is still in my mind. I must meditate! :)

5. uhoh7

uhoh7 TalkEmount Regular

Nov 3, 2013
    I'd just add you will trade a very light setup for quite a monster.

You just grab a nice 180 nikon ASI ED or Canon FD 200, both f/2.8 and produce sharper shots than any zoom.

6. shaolin95

Jul 3, 2013
    Not sure where the light setup is..did you see the Legacy lenses I have been using? LOL
    Maybe you just read the SEL55210.
    BAsed on other feedback it looks like for sports the adapter and A lens will not get me the benefits I want compared to just using what I already have but in a smarter way like zone focusing and picking where I want to capture the action more precisely. :)

7. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Stabilization does not work when adapting it to an E-Mount camera.

• Like Like x 1