1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Self imposed Ebay ban me thinks!

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by teefin1, Feb 17, 2013.

1. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    oRecently I have gone a little bonkers, buying things on EBay. I bought the little C3 and then promptly sold it when I*‘won’ a 7 body....which I wasn't really looking for. The 7 worked perfectly well but was not in the condition described, so after communicating with the seller, who gave a decent reduction in the price, but refused a return, I decided to sell it...lest it turn out a lemon!*Now I am waiting on the arrival of a*‘mint’ (hm hm) Panny Gx1 with a couple of lenses to address my*‘compact’ desire. In the interim someone here mentioned lenses in the FL of 135mm and of course, I started looking on Ebay....again, not really wanting one.*I think my bidding skills are on the up as I seem to win every auction I bid in! Yesterday* I received A CZJ 135mm 3.5, having paid the paltry sum of £42 for it.*Not having a NEX at the moment I*stuck it on the A57 and took it for a walk.*I just got rid of an MD fit 135mm 2.8 as the FL isnot too good for shooting indoors, but I wasn't surprised that everything Nianys has said about this lens turned out to be true!*

Photos coming up.

2. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Oh Tracy, been there, done that. I think it comes from photographic frustration. The days are still short, the weather still sucks, it'll all be better when we can actually get out and SHOOT more varied subjects that we do in the winter months (our kids, dogs and sometimes coffee mugs or own feet ad nauseum !).
    You mean your NEX 7 has already been re-sold ?? I think you should have kept it, you'll soon find Peaking is mandatory to successfully focus manual lenses (or at the VERY least an EVF, which will set you back another 150£...).
    When I get in this stage, I try two strategies : either I buy really smallish/cheap stuff like accessories, wrist straps, screen protectors, SD cards, OR I direct my search at a truly useful lens. I know my SEL35 has really proven to be a great buy, even if I'm mad that the seller of a mint one screwed me and I had to buy it new and pay full retail.
    I think you'll like the GX-1, it's a VERY lovable camera. But I'm ready to bet you'll resent the lesser DOF control. Future will tell ! Anyway good luck with your GAS attack, it's tough.

3. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
  4. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    I definitely dont plan to be without a NEX, preferably a 7, but didnt feel confident in the quality of the one I had. I'll look for one from a reputable resource very soon.

Luckily the A57 has brilliant focus peaking and, with the tiniest adapter, fits all m42 lenses, hence the czj 135mm.

Im looking forward to the GX1 as my handbag/af cam :)

5. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    They are beautiful Tracy ! If I weren't stuck home pain ridden (liposuccion hurts !) I'd give my longish lenses a workout myself !

6. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    You poor thing! But the upside is definitely worth the pain! Hope you like the result :D

7. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Think I will ;) The worst part is NOT having the right to complain, lol...

8. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    ha ha, but there is always the right to drink wine or whiskey and call it medicinal! :dance4:

9. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Dang, no luck I drink zero alcohol :( I'll have another diet Coke then !

10. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Pics of the bruises or it didn't happen! ;)

11. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Jim trust me you REALLY don't want to see that ;)

12. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    I know, I was just tugging your chain a bit. Heal quickly! smileys-flowers-719593.

Attached Files: