• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

SEL50F18 [E50mm F1.8] + VF-49NDAM [49mm ND Filter]

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
I thought I'd share two photos taken with the above lens during a visit to Newstead Abbey on Monday.
N.B. the B&W one was replicated to Kodak Tri-X using Alien Skin Exposure 3 software via Lightroom 4.
   ---            

---            

This lady is a member of the Sealed Knot - a society that re-enacts the English Civil War and they were acting out a battle in 1642. She was based in the Living History camp where you can see how people lived 350 years ago.
Cheers,
Paul

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
the B&W one was replicated to Kodak Tri-X using Alien Skin Exposure 3 software via Lightroom 4.
Amazing!! the rendering is so close to Tri-X film, I'll be getting Alien Skin Exposure 3 and LR as soon as I get my PC sorted

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Amazing!! the rendering is so close to Tri-X film, I'll be getting Alien Skin Exposure 3 and LR as soon as I get my PC sorted
Hi Phoenix,
I've been using Alien Skin Exposure since the 1st version and really like it. Recently, I tried the B&W conversion that Lightroom 4 offers but it's nowhere near as good as Alien Skin.

Also, I've just used a trial of Alien Skin's new Exposure version 4 but will stick with my old version 3 as it still works well with LR4.
N.B. Exposure version 4 has a few extra slider controls that are superfluous to me - just my personal view though!
Hope this helps,
Paul

Top Bottom